This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Angina

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

So, 3½ years on from my angioplasty and so far so good. Except this morning I had an angina attack that took me completely unawares, I felt dizzy, light-headed and just made it to my bedroom in time to collapse on my bed until the nausea passed. Good job it's not a day I spend with my Mum, she goes to the day centre on Wednesdays. Recovered enough to phone my GP receptionist, no routine appointments until April I'm afraid, I told her I'd had an angina attack and no current Nitromin spray, only an old, out-of-date one, and she said phone back at 2pm but there are only limited emergency appointments smiley - sadface

My sister wants me to go to A & E for an angiogram, that's not how it works though is it? Been there, done that, been at the bottom of a very long waiting list. smiley - bruised

Angina

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I don't think Nitromin gets too old, but if it has not been used for a while you should spray it once into the air before using it smiley - goodlucksmiley - hug

Seeing your smiley - doctor about it is a good idea since it's been so long since your last attack

smiley - pirate

Angina

Post 3

The spray has taken away the chest pain, I still feel light-headed though smiley - sadface

I've had a full-strength aspirin with a yogurt drink, I don't feel hungry but might have a light lunch of beans on toast before I ring the smiley - doctor back. I'll keep you posted smiley - hugsmiley - piratesmiley - smooch

Not putting anything on Facebook as I don't want my family worrying over what may be nothing smiley - ok

Angina

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I'm glad the chest pain has gone at least smiley - smooch

smiley - pirate

Angina

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I can't offer any advice, GB, as I've never had angina, but you have my sympathy.

smiley - hug

Angina

Post 6

You can call me TC

My sympathy, too. Take it easy. (Easier said than done, I know)

Angina

Post 7

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Hang in there sweetie. I hope you can get what you need from the NHS quickly. I'll be praying for you.smiley - cheerup

Angina

Post 8

Thank you everyone smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle

I had my light lunch then rang the surgery back at 1.55pm. Spoke to a different receptionist who told me to go to A & E immediately. I rang a taxi and presented myself at the desk. I'd only been sat down 5 minutes when they must have thought it was so serious that I was the second person called for and a woman opposite me kicked off because I had only just got there and she'd been waiting hours! But there is a notice saying that people are seen on seriousness of condition, not arrival time, so I didn't feel guilty. I had my obs taken, blood, blood pressure, temperature, ECG, and then a chest x-ray ordered. The notes said possible heart failure. I texted my sister and she got permission to come to me from work and she went with me for the x-ray and then when I was discharged she brought me home. Now enjoying a very pleasant smiley - tea

Angina

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - hug

Angina

Post 10

Superfrenchie

smiley - hug

Angina

Post 11

Wand'rin star

smiley - hug from me too smiley - starsmiley - star

Angina

Post 12

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

"had my light lunch" there's the problem smiley - winkeyeyour not crushing the glass into small enough pieces

seriously though!smiley - hugmy dad had it bad, so I know what you are going through love, bear with it best you can and play hell with doc's over April set up smiley - grr

BST suffers very badly with it also smiley - sadface

Angina

Post 13

ITIWBS

I'd also give the diet a close looking over for sources of sodium with a view to eliminating, even sodum bicarbonate based baking powder.

I personally use Rumfoord's baking powder for a sodium free alternative.

Sodium bicarbonate is more frequently implicated in heart trouble than common table salt.

I wish you the best on your medical work.

I'm glad you got into it promptly.

On blood thînning agents other than aspirin, vinegar is an excellent one.

Angina

Post 14

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Hoping its not as serious as it might have seemed or felt... smiley - cuddle being ill ain't much fun smiley - cuddle

Angina

Post 15

ITIWBS

A traditional blood thinning beverage, a single whole clove boiled in a quart of water, a single drop of vinegar added after its taken off the stove, sweeten to taste.

Francis Marion, the legendary 'Swamp Fox', an American guerilla commander of the War of Independance, used that against the summer heat in the New Jersey pine barrens.

You can chew the boiled clove for dessert.

I've also used vinegar as an alternative to lemon for tea, dipping the stirring spoon in the vinegar before stirring the tea, or adding it with an eye dropper.

Takes a little practice to get the trick right.

Vinegar is also traditional with the Pennsylvania Dutch for a summer time blood thinner.

Angina

Post 16

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - hug and hope your feeling better smiley - smiley

Angina

Post 17

Deb

Being whizzed through A&E is great but must have been a bit scary. I'm glad your sister could be there for you. Hope you're feeling much better today.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Angina

Post 18

Thanks for all the tips and hugs and good wishes peeps smiley - hug

I'm fine today although ordered to rest I still went to Mum's (in a taxi paid for by Mum) as I had already cancelled the lunch carers this week but didn't overdo it, no housework.

Now relaxing with smiley - tea (containing milk, I hasten to add) smiley - sorry and I will give the diet a once-over, I never add salt to anything I'm having but I know all about the added stuffsmiley - grr

smiley - cheerup

Angina

Post 19

ITIWBS

Probably needless to add, avoiding saturated fats is all important.

My poor old Mom in her last days suffered immediate loss of mental acuity and increase of dementia whenever she got anything with saturated fats in it, I've never seen a more dramatic illustration of the link between heart disease and saturated fats.

Had to move her over to canola oil.

Olive oil and soybean oîl are also good choices.

I cook exclusively with olive oil, use about 1/2 gallon a year.

There's something about it that makes one measure it out by the drop.

Angina

Post 20

I have an urgent outpatient appointment at the cardiology department at my local hospital on Friday morning. My sister is coming to pick me up, take me there then we're both going to Mum's house afterwards.

As a precaution I'll be giving Mum her bath on Thursday this week (it's normally Friday morning) so she doesn't miss out

Key: Complain about this post