This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

More excited than Tigger on speed

Post 121

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

There's a thought Webby, but I've heard other people talking about it so I don't think that's the case. Hope not! Talking about the experience is half the fun for me!smiley - biggrin

Thanks coely. There are definitely drivers and passengers! But I suppose it's random choice. I've seen great teams and really crap teams. And, of course, mixes of both.

Post 122

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - biggrin"companies selling us stuff we don't need" no chance! let them try getting past a Yorkshireman's walletsmiley - smiley

Post 123

Wand'rin star

If you DO have to sign an official secrets act, most of the chasers are the right build to enforce it. smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 124

smiley - yikes

I wouldn't want to incur Anne's wrathsmiley - run

Post 125

Websailor

Prof, I never got to see my Yorkshireman's wallet but he tipped up his pay packet every week for years and had his 'spends'!!!!

smiley - cheers Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 126

Websailor

GB,

smiley - rofl I think the barrister is the scariest, but I wish he wouldn't keep having another day at the office!!

Post 127

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - hugWebbie, my mam was the same, except smiley - biggrinhe just tipped up the housekeeping (and for years it never went upsmiley - winkeye)

Post 128

I had a Dad from Lancashire and a Mum from Yorkshire. Money was tight, but we had everything we needed. It taught me the value of saving for what you want and living within your means.

smiley - 2cents

In order of preference for the Chasers I would like: 1) Paul, 2) Anne, 3) Mark, 4) Shaun. I think Mark (The Beast) is the cleverest if they can even be compared, they're all amazing. He rarely makes a mistake. I've seen Anne, Shaun and Paul have bad days, but never Mark. Strangely, Ian is hoping I don't get Anne, he thinks she is the best Chaser!

Post 129

smiley - laughforgive the pun, but he's big in the American version (Mark)

Post 130

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

[aside]

re 127: At the end of every month I would hand the missus my paycheck. Always seemed to forget to tell her I got paid every fortnight smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

[/aside]

Post 131

Websailor

Ooh Er!!! Pierce you are having us on or you would be mincemeat by now smiley - biggrin

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 132

smiley - laugh

I enjoyed last night's Chase, what a pity the 4th player didn't go high, I don't recall £66K being offered before and the total would have been £20K each, but they all seemed over the moon with their £4½K eachsmiley - biggrin

And again, my favourite Chaser Paul came up trumps, applauding the team and being magnanimous in defeatsmiley - applause

Post 133

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

re post 131:

Guilty as charged, Webby smiley - winkeye
(I stole that joke from a very old Danish skit)

As you were & carry on & nothing more to be seen here & all that smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

Post 134

Websailor

Re. Post 133 smiley - biggrinsmiley - rofl

Post 135

Well that was one hell-of-a-programme!smiley - wow

Who'd have thought 2 players going for £43K and getting 11 points would have beaten Shaun? smiley - magic

Post 136

Websailor

It was brilliant and tonight was pretty hot too smiley - biggrin

Post 137

smiley - okTwo winners on the bounce gives me confidencesmiley - magic

Post 138

Websailor

Still keeping tabs after a bit of a hiccup with my internet. Sons are so useful smiley - rofl

Hope all is well with you GB and your family,

Keep in touch

smiley - hug

Post 139

Aye, all's well here. Still watching The Chase, still waiting for a phone call. It's the talk of the town, it seems. Can't go anywhere without bumping into someone who asks "have you been on The Chase yet?" half of Lincolnshire & Yorkshire must be watching, waiting...smiley - zen

The buzz has gone round all Mum's carers. It's the first thing they ask, if I'm there. Mum loves all the chat though. One girl said she could never go on as she thinks she's thick as two short planks. Mum retorted "Our Ann's clever, and she'll beat the chaser!"smiley - biggrin

Post 140

Websailor

Glad you are getting some recognition for your talents. Hope you are feeling better.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more