Post 42

Deb

Well done, GB!

Deb smiley - cheerup

More excited than Tigger on speed

Post 43

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Thanks everyonesmiley - hugsmiley - kiss

I've managed to catch up with yesterday's The Chase and it was a corker!smiley - cracker

If I do get selected for a show, it takes a few months to get onto the telly, so I'm told. I'm watching today's and there's loads of questions I know the answers tosmiley - headhurtsI hope they save some I know for when I'm on!smiley - doh

smiley - winkeye

Post 44

Sho - employed again!

ah ok - I was confused, I thought that you had already been on the actual show smiley - smiley

Post 45

Wand'rin star

Gives us time to get stocks of tea and biscuits in. Jolly well done. I am looking forward to it almost as much as you are.smiley - star<star\.

Post 46

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I may need some sedatives smiley - erm

*stocks up on smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - cool*

smiley - biggrin

Post 47

Websailor

Congratulations GB, smiley - bubblyi shall look forward to that, it is one of my favourite programmes.

My only gripe is the loud intros and music, it is deafening, thankfully i have understanding neighbours.

Do tip us off once you have an idea when you go on and when it comes out.

smiley - cheers

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Post 48

When I know, you'll know smiley - winkeye

Sedatives, a good idea, smiley - piratesmiley - smooch

I am still on a high, cloud 9, I can't believe I was chosen. Yesterday ranks as one of my bestest-ever days. smiley - boing

Post 49

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrinsmiley - tea

Post 50

Websailor

Thought I would resurrect this thread as the new series of The Chase has started, and I wondered if you had heard anything?

Sorry if I am a nuisance but I am on tenterhooks smiley - biggrin

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 51

I haven't forgotten this journal. I've not heard anything, but then we've only just entered the given time of January-July.

I was very impressed with the team of two last night who won £40,000 between them, I thought Shaun gave up when he got pushed back that second time.smiley - biggrin

It helps me to have someone to chat to about the show Webby, and you're no way a nuisance! When I hear from them, you'll know toosmiley - ok

I would like to hear your thoughts on whether I should go for the amount I win or high (I would never go low). Ian says he is afraid I will go high and get knocked out if I get questions on Soap opera, Lord of the Rings, horror books/authors, smiley - yikes

I've told him my magic number and if I get offered that I'll know who's with me in spirit.

Post 52

Websailor

I am not a gambler, and only you know the breadth of your knowledge, and again luck has a lot to do with it. Quick recall helps. I think you have to be very lucky with the high offer, or catch a Chaser on a bad day. I also know I am not a very good team player, sharing a big win with a poorer contestant wouldn't sit well with me, and neither would sharing someone else's big winsmiley - doh

I would think passing quickly if the answer doesn't come instantly, and forget any mistakes instantly too is good advice for your cash builder.

Like you I would never go for a minus or the low figure. After all whatever you get in your first round, you are almost certainly better than that and have earned it.

I love to see the Chasers beaten, but whatever happens with you, enjoy it and I will be proud to have known a contestant smiley - biggrin

Should you win you will hear from cheers from home smiley - biggrin

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 53

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

starting with 5 questions right and upwards = £5000 + smiley - smileygo with that. 4 questions or lower (never happensmiley - hug) gamble higher

Post 54

Thanks for the advice, team smiley - winkeye

smiley - magic

Post 55

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyemy advice fee is reasonable smiley - whistle

smiley - laugh

Post 56

smiley - ale or smiley - choc? (Until I win, of course, then you can have smiley - cake)

smiley - laugh

smiley - hug

Post 57

smiley - winkeyelatest advice is:- the Yorkshire way (after you winsmiley - hug) it's "autograph's 50p each, 3 for £1"smiley - biggrin

Post 58

Sho - employed again!

OI!

Post 59

Hah, good to see two people waltz off with £4K each! Even Sean looked pleased for them!smiley - ok

I couldn't believe that 4th player last week who chose to take minus £11K. smiley - yikes

Post 60

Oh, and last night I heard the question "the spaceship The Heart of Gold appears in a novel by which British author?"

smiley - wahThey' couldn't have saved that question for ME, could they?smiley - groan

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more