This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

More excited than Tigger on speed

Post 301

Websailor

Not fed up just worried I will miss out. Must get someone to text me if it drags on till my holiday! Wonder if there will be a break in programmes before your run starts?

Take care,

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 302

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Tonight's Chase question:
"Which author wrote "Life, the Universe and Everything"
Contestant: Douglas Adams

smiley - applausesmiley - somersaultsmiley - applause

Post 303

Gnomon - time to move on

Fancy knowing that!

Here's one for you:

Who wrote the play "Toad of Toad Hall"? If you don't know already, the answer may surprise you.

Post 304

I would have thought Kenneth Grahame, but I bet it isn't!smiley - laugh

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - frog

Post 305

You can call me TC

He wrote the book. I have googled it so I won't say anything. But I think somewhere in the deep dark recesses of my memory I did know that. I think we even played it in drama at school.

Post 306

Wand'rin star

I know the answer because Hong Kong Players did it some twenty years ago and have a note from the author on file! smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 307

Brad: "Which American astronomer proved the existence of galaxies outside the Milky Way?"

Contestant: "Einstein"

smiley - groan

Post 308

Gnomon - time to move on

The writer of Toad of Toad Hall was AA Milne.

Post 309

Gnomon - time to move on

Was it Hubble, GB? I can't remember.

Post 310

A87766140 yes, but I was more upset at her thinking Einstein was an American astronomer, than not knowing it was Hubble.smiley - shrug

Wow, AA Milne, I never would have got that. Pooh (smiley - winkeye)

Post 311

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - laugh galaxies and Milky Way ?
smiley - ermyou've cracked it, all they do is ask about chocolates

Post 312

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I should be able to count close to 125 billion galaxies from my backyard. But it's overcast smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Post 313

Question: "Which king excluded his wife Caroline from his coronation?"
A) Edward IV
B) George IV
C) Henry IV

Contestant: A.

smiley - groan

I wrote this about the event: A87773935

Post 314

Icy North

I think about that entry every time I visit the Brunswick Shopping Centre smiley - smiley

Post 315

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Bradley - who is the only fighter, to have been knocked down in every fight he's had. But has never lost a fight ?

A- Muhammad Ali
B- Popeye
C- Mike Tyson

???

Post 316

Popeye?

Tonight's Chase: one of the players went out when getting an astronomy question wrong smiley - sadface

In the final chase, "The comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 crashed into which planet in 1994?" "Pass"

smiley - snowballNo, it was Jupitersmiley - wah

A87817783

Post 317

smiley - smileyyep! Popeye - he's been knocked down in every fight he's had and never lost a fight smiley - whistlesmiley - laughsmiley - winkeyespinach

Post 318

Brad: "Marvin the paranoid android was voiced by Alan Rickman in what film?"

Contestant: "Pass"

smiley - wah

Question with Chaser: What was the name of the mother of John the Baptist?
A) Elizabeth
B) Esther
C) Eve

Contestant: B)

Answer: A)

A82826139

Post 319

how close to the event ?

A. Soon-ish
B. Before 2017
C. What was the question again ?

Post 320

when I left the studio I was told "late summer" - in other words they didn't know. I will get a fortnight's notice by email of the broadcast date. I have also noticed that sometimes the "coming up" bit on my Tivo box says the names of the contestants, which could also give me a clue.

Did anyone else notice how many astronomy questions were in last night's Chase?smiley - wah

Also, on "Tipping Point", one of the contestants was asked: "Beta Geminorum is the brightest star in which constellation?" I actually thought the question was going to be what is its common name and so I said Pollux. EH-ERRRRR! Luckily the contestant guessed "Gemini" and he was correctsmiley - blush

smiley - starPollux is an orange giant star, the closest giant star to our own Sun. It is about 33 light years distant. It has an extrasolar planet in orbit, now named Thestias.

smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more