This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

More excited than Tigger on speed

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - boing

I've been selected to audition for The Chase (a tv game show, for those not in the UK). On the 7th anniversary of my Dad's passing, 20th November, in Sheffield.

That's 4 weeks today. smiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boing

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - pumpkin

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Go get 'em, girl! smiley - cool

smiley - pirate

Post 3

Wand'rin star

I hope you get lots of astronomy questions and if you get through I hope you get Mark Labatt. Very best of luck.smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

good luck!

Post 5

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - hugsmiley - goodluck

Bradley - what's your name ?
Me - oh! hard questions first eh!

smiley - whistle

Post 6

Willem

Congrats and best of success Galaxy Babe!

Post 7

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

ohhhhh much congrats, we get The Chase here, down under, and it looks very difficult

smiley - cheers

good luck

Post 8

Websailor

Oh, smiley - wow My favourite programme smiley - biggrin I am sure you will do well, we will all be wishing you well.

Is that the date it goes out, or just the recording? Do keep us posted, would hate to miss it.

smiley - goodluck

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Post 9

Websailor

I watched the American version and didn't take to it, though the Chasers were the same.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 10

It's just an audition, but if I get through that I will be told immediately and that suits me finesmiley - ok I have found someone via a friend on Facebook, who has appeared on The Chase and she kindly gave me her phone number so I called her and we had a lovely chat, very informative for me. She's also sent me a clip of her appearance, she faced the final chase alonesmiley - doh against Shaun, the Dark Destroyersmiley - yikes (and lost) but she thoroughly enjoyed herself. If I get through to a recording and meet Bradley Walsh, all my expenses should be paid (travel & hotel). But let's not get ahead, I have planned my day trip to Sheffield with fine precision, Ian & I are going on the train, Allan's meeting us and taking us to the audition venue, afterwards we three are going for lunch, then we'll be picking Harrison up from school and they will take us back to the train station. So I'm going to have a great family day whatever the outcomesmiley - magic

Post 11

Det vigtigste er at have det sjovt, mens du gør, hvad du laver, og jeg er sikker på du vil uanset hvad der sker

Post 12

smiley - huh what happened here? smiley - huh

Translation:

smiley - goodluck The main thing is having fun while you're doing what you're doing and I'm sure you will whatever happens smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Post 13

Icy North

Ah, so it's Danish.

I'd thought there was something wrong with you... smiley - winkeye

Post 14

Beatrice

I've met Shaun. He was standing next to me on The Weakest Link, got 2 questions wrong and I voted him off smiley - evilgrin

Do give him my regards

Post 15

smiley - laugh

I don't think the actual chasers will be at the auditions, I'm sure they have minions creaming off the best to put forward to the actual show recording. I'm trying not to look beyond Thursday's audition in case I'm not chosen but my new Facebook friend seems to think I'll go through. I must admit I haven't seen many female astronomers who are also a zooite, into SETI, an Editor of a website and a butterfly whisperer.

Post 16

Websailor

I do hope you get through. I wonder if they judge on knowledge, personality or presentation or all three?

I DO hope you get through, I am so looking forward to hearing your dulcet tones. I would love to see you make mincemeat of the Chasers, much as I like them.

smiley - goodluck

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 17

You can call me TC

Smiling seems to be the main thing - that's certainly what seems to make most people telegenic.

Post 18

Gnomon - time to move on

I've never heard of "The Chase". Your talk of Chasers makes me think of whiskey, which I don't like.

Post 19

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.itv.com/thechase

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3077336/

smiley - smileythis is it

Post 20

Thanks Profsmiley - oksmiley - smooch

I don't like whisky eithersmiley - yukbut last night we watched The Chase USA with "The Beast" Mark and earlier there was a question on another quiz show we tuned into, which said "which letter is added to whisky to make American whisky" and I said "e" which is something I learned here. I do have a broad range of knowledge thanks to my years of subbing, so I'm quietly confident, and Ian's been testing me from a general knowledge quiz book - he's confident if I get through the audition that I'll blow the chaser awaysmiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post