This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Mum update (GB)

Post 281

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Brace yourself, baby, with so many people involved a lot of this is unavoidable in my experience smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Mum update (GB)

Post 282

Websailor

smiley - goodluck GB, been thinking of you, not that it is much help.

Similar is happening here.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Mum update (GB)

Post 283

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I appreciate the support and being able to sound off here. smiley - hug

Care worker skipped a night call on 1 April, that's being investigated by the regional manager, as Mum missed her antibiotic which was important smiley - sadface Other carers seem to be letting themselves in OK now. I've been today with fresh milk & bread & other groceries. I offered to drive Mum to the Boating Lake on such a beautiful, if cold day, but she wasn't interested. All she wants to do is sleep. Antibiotics finished today, I've chucked the box and noted it in the file and on the medication sheet. District nurse called this morning before I got there and took a bloodtest for INR but Mum said she didn't ask for a urine sample, which had been logged in the file. smiley - grrI've organised chemist to deliver Mum's medication in blister packs beginning next week as per carers' requests.

Mum update (GB)

Post 284

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

smiley - lurk

Mum update (GB)

Post 285

scorp

Hang in there GB! We're all here for you as you know.smiley - hug

Keep giving them both barrels whenever there is a slip-up.

Mum update (GB)

Post 286

Websailor

GB, what Scorp says with bells on smiley - biggrin

Can you be sure the urine sample wasn't taken? She might not remember.

Mum update (GB)

Post 287

Willem

Hi GB just want to say I'm still following all the news and wishing you all the best!

Mum update (GB)

Post 288

Wand'rin star

^^ What Willem said. Fortunately no relevant experience, so can only offer this silent support. You're very brave.smiley - starsmiley - star

Mum update (GB)

Post 289

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the listening ears and the shoulders to cry on and the smiley - teasmiley - cake for ranting times!smiley - ok

It's a good job I have Ian's steadying influence and calming manner to take advantage of at the moment. He is the one sole reason I haven't bust a gasket and probably had a heart attack by now. We arrived at Mum's at 9.30am for a "meeting" which someone had rung Mum about (I think it's next week's) she thought it was today, so we went anyway. There was a measuring jug in the washing-up bowl, full of porridge (?) and the sink itself was filled with lumpy porridge. On the dining table was a bowl of half-eaten porridge, a cold cup of tea and a glass of half-drunk orange. Bed wasn't made, Mum's nightwear was on the bed. In the file it said among other stuff: "Bed made. Kitchen tidied" smiley - grrsmiley - steam

I had written instructions about the Oat-So-Simple porridge for Mum's breakfast, stating to use the measuring jug for 150ml full cream milk then add that to the pyrex bowl containing the porridge mix, microwave for 1m.50s, serve in the pyrex bowl. I phoned Farringfords immediately to complain, not least because we had to sort out the mess, and all Mum wanted us to do was sit with her. When I told her we were tidying up and washing up and making her bed, she said she had wondered whether she was supposed to do that but she'd been too tired.smiley - wah

When we were about to go, I tidied the cushions on the armchair where the visiting carer usually sits to write in the file, and under one cushion was Mum's box of paracetomol.

Do we have a smiley?

Mum update (GB)

Post 290

ITIWBS

Certainly can appreciate the need for the smiley, many instances of the MDs being over-ruled from on low by RNs who've not read the medical instructions, one on a life threatening problem with medications.smiley - steam

smiley - biggrinSomething that went right, completed the breathing disorder diagnostic just before my Mom's most recent hospitalization (last week).

Without it, she'd have been sent home without breathing support.

With the diagnostic complete, the insurance covered and the doctor was able to prescribe a breathing machine.

smiley - biggrinResults so far better than I expected.

Mum update (GB)

Post 291

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I am sure 2legs can provide smiley - biggrin

Kick of your shoes and have some smiley - cake and smiley - tea, you have deserved it - again smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

Mum update (GB)

Post 292

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Bloody hell, GB, what a nightmare smiley - hug

I don't comment often, because I've not really had much recent experience of this sort of thing, although Ex's grandma was a in a similar situation until she went into a local Care Home, but that was years ago.

I'm thinking of you and your mum.

Hang in there.

Mum update (GB)

Post 293

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

if you can't have a good rant to a friendsmiley - hugsmiley - smoochwho the hell CAN you rant too ?
smiley - biggrin

the rant bar is always open here smiley - prof

Mum update (GB)

Post 294

scorp

If we found a suitable smiley for all that, it would only get yikesed GB!

Whilst you are having to complain so much, consider what you have said about porridge bowls etc; as you have (naturally) cleaned everything up, no-one is to say there was a mess to clean up in the first place. Anyone so smiley - bleep incompetent and thoughtless to your Mum's needs is going to cover their a**e by denying it. Next time you find things in such a state, take some pictures - you never know when they may come in handy.

smiley - hug

Mum update (GB)

Post 295

Strangely enough, Ian said exactly the same thing when we walked in the kitchen. He asked if my mobile phone had a camera...smiley - ok

Glad your Mom is doing well ITIWBSsmiley - biggrin

Thanks again, all, you are my harbour in this storm. smiley - hugsmiley - smoochsmiley - cuddlesmiley - kiss And a rant bar sounds fab.smiley - pggb

Mum update (GB)

Post 296

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I can't stand liars! smiley - steam

You know where I am, hunny smiley - cuddle

lil x

Mum update (GB)

Post 297

Of course I do! You're my first reservesmiley - cuddle

Mum update (GB)

Post 298

Websailor

What a nighmare GB, I hope you kick up smiley - bleep I do wonder if you could have got an instant call out by one of their staff because that is disgraceful.

Knowing the strange things such patients can do, I do hope none of it was down to your Mum, as they don't always function as we would expect, or remember what they have done.

I could tell you some very strange tales, but not here. When things happen to one of your own for the first time it can be very difficult to come to terms with, especially as they appear lucid much of the time.

Whatever, fight your Mum's corner, but take care of yourself.

smiley - hug

Mum update (GB)

Post 299

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

get me "special dispensation" from the powers that be ie: for certain wordssmiley - whistle and I'll open a rant bar (I already have in reallysmiley - winkeye)and it's got drinkssmiley - nahnah

Mum update (GB)

Post 300

Websailor

Hope things are smiley - ok GB. Thinking of you.

Key: Complain about this post