This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

So yesterday the tickets for the annual Shakespeare festival in Neuss went on sale. We had carefully planned which performances we wanted to see and smiley - chef with the aid of Gruesome #2 managed to book them.

The one I particularly wanted to see is a performance of Hamlet, in Portuguese, by a troupe from Brasil. I can't really describe it but if you want to know more, try this:

http://www.shakespeare-festival.de/en/programm/2015/Trans-Hamlet-Formation-from-the-Favela-into-the-World--622/

We'll see Shakespeare's Kings. Murder Kills based on William Shakespeare - in German with some friends. That looks interesting

and we'll be at the very last performance on 27th June which is Love's Labours Lost. That's a play I don't know very well and haven't yet seen it performed.

For the last two we'll go early and have a picnic outside before the performance. All very civilised.

The Hamlet is a weeknight. And I cannot believe that I have chosen to go to a performance the night before my philosophy exam. Oh well, I'm not expecting a good grade anyway. As long as I pass.

As for knickers: I finally made my visit to Rigby & Peller, suppliers of corsetry to no less a personage than Her Maj Liz the second, and spent the voucher I got from smiley - chef for Christmas. smiley - biggrinsmiley - magic

I am never buying underwear anywhere else. Ever.

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 2

Cheerful Dragon

Was it just knickers, or did you make an appointment and have a bra fitting?

I'd love to be able to afford underwear from somewhere like Rigby & Peller. Ah, well! Until I win the lottery I'll have to make do with M&S undies.

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

bras to fit me generally cost nearly 3 figures anyway, so going to R&P isn't that much more expensive.

I didn't realise you had to make an appointment, so I just walked in. Luckily for me they didn't have any customers at that time and none booked so they gave me the full works. So I got a bra and matching knickers smiley - biggrin

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 4

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

I've been to a few outdoor Shakespeare performances, most excellent. The most memorable was The Tempest, a free performance in the Iveagh Gardens. Hope yours are fun!

TRiG.smiley - book

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 5

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

*Wonders where the DoE gets his trolleys... and what being fitted for them might entail* smiley - blush

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 6

Cheerful Dragon

The appointment thing at R&P might just be for one particular woman who works there. Apparently she can tell your bra size just by looking at you. Jo Brand went there for a bra fitting and was seen by this woman. When Jo undressed she said, "Not as bad as I thought."

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 7

Sho - employed again!

well, I was in the one in Düsseldorf, so I'm guessing the "by appointment" smiley - rofl is standard practice. I must say that it was lovely having one assistant all to myself with absolutely no distractions. I was absolutely amazed that the machine was spot on with mine, and the advice and information she gave me when we were doing the fitting (as well as when she was showing me how it should sit she said "is it ok if I touch you" and would point to where it would be before doing it - it was brilliant)

They also give you a washing bag for your smalls, but since I have nothing else that goes on the hand-wash cycle I may do the wearing it in the shower trick.

So - how does that work? I'm assuming use no soap, just the water?

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 8

You can call me TC

DoE - Department of the Environment?

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 9

Sho - employed again!

haha - I'm guessing Duke of Edinburgh?

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 10

Of course smiley - biggrin

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 11

You can call me TC

smiley - doh

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 12

Don't worry TC, that's exactly what I thought the first time I saw it written like that smiley - blush

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 13

Baron Grim

I thought of the US Dept. of Energy, which formed out of the former Atomic Energy Commission that gave us the Manhattan Project which performed the Bikini Atoll detonations that inspired the name for the two piece bathing suit called a Bikini which brings us back to bras.

It's all interconnected. smiley - bigeyes

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 14

smiley - laughsmiley - ok

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 15

Baron Grim

That particular episode of QI on which Jo Brand discusses that brassiere expert proclaiming her smiley - titsmiley - tit "not as bad as I expected" ran on BBCAmerica this weekend. I'm just catching up with my DVR and she just mentioned it.

smiley - cdouble

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 16

Sho - employed again!

haha. Well, I've been wearing The Wonderful Rigby & Peller Bra for a couple of days now. And I have to say it's flipping wonderful.

A well fitting bra is a thing of wonderment to me. (after years of just containing the flipping things...)

So now I need to try the "washing it in the shower" activity. smiley - smiley

and I want to get another one, in fact I think I'll make an appointment asap

Knickers and Shakespeare

Post 17

Sho - employed again!

oh and all the Shakespeare tickets have arrived Chez Sho so... we're ready!

Key: Complain about this post