This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

That 70s style...

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

We're (smiley - chef and I) are going to a 70s themed dinner party.

Menu
mini toast Hawaii
Prawn cocktail
beef wellington
lemon merangue pie

we couldn't source any Blue Nun or Mateus Rosé wine, so we're slumming it with the good stuff.

Music is sorted, from the happy-clappy-hippy-stylee stuff from the beginning of the decade through metal and punk with a lot - a whole lot - of disco on the side. and since we'll be in Düsseldorf There Will Be Kraftwerk.

Of course we have to dress up. smiley - chef (actually in his normal gear) as a greebo and me as a punk.

What I would like to know is: apart from holes in my tights (fishnets) and a black leather mini skirt (my mini kilt is way too small smiley - cry), studded neck and wristbands and a load of earrings and safety pins - what else do i need to be a (cariacature) punk?

Oh I'll be dyeing my hair purple and spiking it up. I have the obligatory black lipstick and nail varnish.

Do i have to spit a lot?

(and I really can't wait for our next one - 80s night - to get all gothed up one more time)

That 70s style...

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

What a hoot smiley - biggrin

I think you've got the punk look pretty well covered there Sho, although there is one punk accessory which wouldn't go down well either in Germany or the UK. The one Jordan was made to cover up during the Sex Pistols' first TV appearance on British TV.

What kind of top are you wearing? I always liked those baggy, fluffy pullovers that Johnny Rotten sported. Let's see if I can find an image... nope, this is the closest I can find http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/60/50/c9/6050c9f473288242f6e4bb3ef1309f64.jpg

I imagine your budget won't run to a vintage Vivienne Westwood t-shirt smiley - whistle

Valentine Warner had some Blue Nun... Or was it Black Tower... at his 60s dinner in Valentine Warner Eats the 60s, so it might still be around. What about Hirondelle?

There must and shall be pictures smiley - tongueout

That 70s style...

Post 3

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Dammit, I meant baggy, fluffy bright pink pullovers, because that's clearly a baggy fluffy pullover. And they were a very coarse knit if I recall.

That 70s style...

Post 4

KB

Oh, you need big chains hanging in loops. smiley - ok

That 70s style...

Post 5

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Don't look at me, I'm way too old for this sh...tuff

smiley - seniorsmiley - pirate

That 70s style...

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

gosh I had a load of those mohair jumpers - we all used to knit them at school and used to beg the cook to be allowed to keep the wool in the big fridge until we needed it smiley - smiley

Ah yes, chains, thank you. smiley - smiley

The top (because it is too hot for mohair) is a purple vest thing (wifebeater...) which will match my lovely purple docs smiley - loveblush and over that is a normal black t-shirt that I'm going to rip up a bit, paint a few Anarchy-A things and put some badges on it (one of which is a Bettter Together "Yes" badge smiley - magic)

and I've changed my mind about fishnet tights, it will be ordinary ones ripped up and laddered.

That 70s style...

Post 7

KB

Will we see pictures of the finished ensemble? smiley - bigeyes

That 70s style...

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

but of course. smiley - smiley
I'll take my DSLR so hopefully there will be good ones.

That 70s style...

Post 9

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I can hardly wait smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post