This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

time to drum up business to my blog

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

I'm writing about public transport seat covers (any type of public transport...) so if you find a particularly good one, please feel free to send it to me and get your 15 seconds of fame...

http://commuter-tales.blogspot.de/

Post 2

KB

Ours tend to be all the same, and I think I sent you them before. If not, I will...

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

The Dublin Luas tram system has lovely seat covers, a combination of purple and black showing pictures of famous Dublin buildings. I've never taken a picture of the seats, though.

Post 4

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

*AHEM*

"living up to it's fearsome reputation"

smiley - whistle

I miss London Transport bus and train seats, and British Rail too. Sprung, stuffed with horsehair, upholstered, and designed, I recall, to suck dust into the inside of the seat. The seats on the buses here are little more than metal covered with fabric, with very little padding, and if you have to make a journey of much more than 20 minutes they're very uncomfortable.

But the covers are quite nicely patterned smiley - biggrin

Post 5

Sho - employed again!

KB you may have done but I've lost everything in a "hard drive incident" so if you have any... you know where I am smiley - winkeye

Gnomon - if you have any, I'd be glad to receive them. I'm featuring the Edinburgh tram some time this week smiley - smiley

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

all donations from Goshos greatfully received - some people have tweeted disgusting examples from south west trains...

Post 7

Baron Grim

Heh... I can't even access your blog from my work computer. NASA apparently has blocked Blogspot pages as "suspicious". Or maybe it's the combination of Blogspot and the .de domain.

Or, maybe, just maybe, they're suspicious of your subject. smiley - laugh

Post 8

I'll try and get a nice shot. My camera's not that great but I'll see what I can do.

Post 9

Baron Grim

The modern trend is to use filters (ala instagram) to degrade images so they look like a 1970's era Polaroid anyway, so why worry about image quality anymore? smiley - winkeye

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

I mostly use photos from my phone - except for the ones in Berlin where I annoyed the commuters (smiley - rofl) by using my DSLR. Oh boy they were grumpy!

Post 11

On your recommendation, BG, I opened an Imgur account, and I've been very happy with it so far smiley - ok

Post 12

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Oh, this is in fact a topic very close to my heart. I always wonder what kinds of people design these (very often) terrible things. Unfortunately I currently don't use ublic transport a lot, so I'm not sure if I manage to take any pictures.

Post 13

You can call me TC

The designers are probably quite limited by the stipulations of the corporate identity of the transport company.

Like with hotel carpets. smiley - yuk

Post 14

Baron Grim

Next time you see a city bus at a stop, just hop on, take a picture of the first empty seat then hop back off.

I'm sure no one will find that in the least bit odd. smiley - evilgrin

Post 15

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - laugh good idea

Post 16

Superfrenchie

smiley - bigeyes Ninja seat-cover photographer ! smiley - biggrin

Post 17

Baron Grim

That'll look good on anyone's C.V.

Post 18

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - sorry but I've had to commute for 20 years, please don't remind me! smiley - groan

smiley - pirate

Post 19

KB

You do get some funny looks when you're photographing seats on buses and trains. smiley - geeksmiley - laugh

Post 20

Sho - employed again!

I hopped on and off a tram once to get a picture of the seat cover. And yes - there were comments.

I had to stand in the first class section of my train today waiting to get off so I snapped one of those.

My blog does have some lovely pictures of New Zealand buses - one with a beautiful green fern design on the seat and another that has what can only be described as the Sistene chapel ceiling painted all over the inside of it...

Key: Complain about this post