A Conversation for Cape Town to Melbourne Wks 1 and 2: John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4

Sailing from Cape Town to Australia, via Marion Island.

Post 1

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

This wonderful log, which was pointed out to me by a member of the Hootoo (h2g2) which was founded by Douglas Noel Adams, has kept me riveted for the last 40 minutes.

I have lived every moment of your exciting journey; have marvelled at your bravery and admired your courage and dedication.

I was under the impression that Marion Island "belonged" to South AFrica. Sure ly they could place a 200 miles no fishing limit around it? And what about those islands that are owned by the French. They should do the same.

I have difficulty reading, but am thrilled at the sixe of the font which meams that I am able to read relatively easily.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful trip dedicated to saving the Giant Albatross from the danger of longline fishing. We salute and honour you.

Christiane Also Ran1 smiley - schooloffishks.

Key: Complain about this post

Sailing from Cape Town to Australia, via Marion Island.

More Conversations for Cape Town to Melbourne Wks 1 and 2: John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more