This is the Message Centre for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Merry Christmas

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Just in case I don't get a chance to get online tomorrow (technically it's already tomorrow, but I've not been asleep, so it's still yesterday to me...anyway...)

smiley - holly Merry Christmas! smiley - holly

hope you all have a lovely Christmas day and a happy New Year...especially since the Mayans seemed to have miscalculated the end of the world this time round smiley - winkeye

Em x

Merry Christmas

Post 2

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

smiley - hollysmiley - crackersmiley - xmastreeAnd a very Merry Christmas to you!smiley - xmastreesmiley - crackersmiley - holly

And a Happy Hogmanay! Have a bit of Haggis for me (or just pretend if you don't like itsmiley - biggrin)

It is good to see you back around.

smiley - hug

Fsmiley - dolphinS

Merry Christmas

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Merry Christmas dear smiley - hug

And veggie haggis do you for hogmanay? Don't like the real stuff smiley - winkeye ...though I do believe I'm cooking curry for dinner on New Years day. Which is even better smiley - winkeye

I'll hopefully get on more while I'm off for my week and a bits holiday, been a bit quiet on the old hootoo front for the past few months.

Anyway, have a good day tomorrow and I hope smiley - santa is good to you

Em x

Merry Christmas

Post 4

John Luc

Happy Christmas to you as well!

Merry Christmas

Post 5

And Merry Christmas to you too Connor smiley - holly

Merry Christmas

Post 6

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Happy Hogmanay angel

Wanted to get back to you before the big night.

I am sure veggie haggis will be fine, I didn't know there was such a thingsmiley - biggrin.

We used to have a local pub where the wife was Irish and her husband a Scot, She supervised St. Paddy's Day and he organized New-Years . About 11:30 the haggis would be presented with a piper leading the procession and someone on stage reciting the immortal words of Bobby Burns.

Alas they closed several years agosmiley - sadface.

Thinking of you, went out and got curry for our dinner, I suspect we do it a bit differently though.
We cook the rice and put the bowl on the table. sauté the beef cubes in gravy and the curry powder. and set out a half dozen dishes of extras; cheese, onion, cherry tomatoes, olives and fruits like mellon and mango.

We pick what we like and pig-outsmiley - yikes

Almost forgot, did you do your Christmas windows this year?

smiley - hug

Fsmiley - dolphinS

Happy New Years Eve Eve

Post 7

smiley - laugh big night, I'm sitting in with my family, having a glass of bubbly and watching a movie...I'm hoping for Sunshine, which despite having seen it ten million times, we got on Blu-ray, so it should be awesome smiley - biggrin (I've never been a go out and get pissed kinda gal.)

Yes, my sister and I did do the windows this year and the photos, typically are still on my camera and/or phone...I'm just being lazy on the editing front. the looked good in the end and we put our knitted crackers into the window in Carnoustie, and next year my boss would like us to knit some so they can sell them after having been asked this year. I'd have said yes to selling some of those, but there was a minor flood the storeroom at the start of the year and they got a bit damp. Not good for selling. Anyway, it means I can work out how long it takes me to knit one and try and work out pricing. smiley - laugh I'll probably end up knitting them from about March!

I'll post a link to my blog once I've put them on.

We used to do the address to the haggis when we were in Primary school, or at least some classes did, I don't think any of mine did smiley - erm but it's a long time since primary school now. 10 years since high school this year! I feel positively ancient! Anyway, I like veggie haggis, it's full of nuts and root veggies, mushrooms and oatmeal. It's very tasty. Bung it in the microwave for five minutes or so and, if it's me, have it on a pannini with some smoked cheese and beetroot chutney smiley - drool I know it sounds weird, but my friends and I used to go up to a cafe at lunch just to get them because they were so yummy!

Mango's good with a curry, it's nice and sweet but still quite wersh. I usually make my onion chutney with a curry, which it somewhere between a quick pickle and a chutney, but is yummy, but you have to like a bit of relatively raw onion. The other accompaniment I make is carrot ribbons with a spicy vinaigrette and black onion seeds.

I shan't be making curry for New Year however, as I made it yesterday. so New Years dinner will be coq au vin. So I shall do that tomorrow and avoid having to get up early on New Years day. Fun fun fun.

smiley - hug

You doing anything nice for Hogmanay?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more