This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I was at the Original Earth Day in Philadelphia 1970.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Yes, well I am thinking of doing the June challenge because I realized that I had attended the first Earth day meet in Philadelphia in 1970. Not sure if I can make a guide entry on it--but it might be a interesting challenge. That year was sort of significant to US history because the Vietnam war was still being waged and there was a large anti-war movement going on and there were still hippies and counter-cultural 'happenings' occurring so there was a lot to consider and unlike DG, I am not a terrific writer, and lack his discipline to stay focused and know what details to share. We'll see. Maybe I'll have learned enough of his licks from his 'Writing Right' columns to pull it off!smiley - smiley

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I was not a terrific writer when I joined h2g2, if you take a peek at my earliest edited entries (here's my list, in date order A4882917) you'll see what I mean. My lack of skill didn't stop me saying what was in my heart, and years of help going through the Peer Review process honed my talents. Yes some people have natural flair but there's nuggets among the rough diamonds too. I'd be happy to read about your experiencessmiley - hugsmiley - cheerup

smiley - smooch
GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 3

Thanks for the kind word. GB. I hope Ian and your mums are well and that all your teams win in the World Cup if you are a footie fan!

Post 4

You're welcome, as always. smiley - hug

Everyone's fine, although I am concerned about my mother's mental state.

We're both smiley - football fans and also smiley - racket1smiley - tennisball fans and there's plenty of that around too.smiley - biggrin We're just watching matches if we're home and have time, always the enemy. I'm also still painting - today I've done half a wall's skirting board and a door frame. In gloss. smiley - yuk I am almost ready to chuck in the smiley - towel and hire a decorator, but that would eat into my carpet fund and I want a nice carpet so I'm slogging on doing my own painting. The best bit is, what I've done looks good. I just hate doing itsmiley - groan

I hope you & Dmitri are finesmiley - cuddle

Post 5

A new smiley - thepost is up for your pleasure. DG is still struggling with allergies that make for getting his work done on US history and smiley - thepost a bit tricky because it's hard to read the fine print when your eyes are gummy. Sorry that you don't enjoy the painting we have always let the proffessionals do it, and now we are in rented digs there is no incentive to do it.

Post 6

Poor Dmitri smiley - sadface

I'll have a smiley - lurk around smiley - thepostand must make a start on my July BATS as the deadline is a week Monday. I must admit there are pros and cons with owning/renting your home. I have never rented but my children's generation know nothing else. Ian is also decorating otherwise he'd be helping me, smiley - laugh

Post 7

well , the pros are no more dealing with plumbers and handymen--or yardwork---although I miss the flowers and the sense of having a home. But home is where the smiley - love is anyway so it makes no matter.

Post 8

Indeedsmiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more