This is the Message Centre for Alex Wood

Modules and Life

Post 1

Alex Wood

What's the great link?

Oh yes, next week I have three modules: two politics exams and one business studies exam... I'm really looking forward to it... no, really...
The the week after that I have another American Politics Module. The Big philosophical question right now is: "What has this got to do with what I want to become when I grow up?"
I have no answer. Even my favourite Psychology textbooks and my heavily philosophical 'Music, Magic, Mystery and Metaphysics' book cannot provide a conclusive answer. Of course, everything is linked in some way or other.
Still, if I am to get into a philosophy and/or english degree at Birmingham University then I need to pull off two As and a B. Actually, it's straight Bs for Philosophy, and AAB/ABB for English. Wierd.

I recently engaged a friend of mine in a philosophical conversation via email. She and I are actually friends in the real world, and see each other every day, but we rarely get the chance to hold a good intellectual conversation, so it is beneficial that we both have email.
Maybe I'll enter some of our exchanges as Journal entries on this page, as they have the potential to become interesting. I have finally found someone who understands my ideas and thinks anywhere near similarly to me. What a relief!
Hello Heather! If you visit this site, this is my second life, also the first life is kinda slowing down the second, but that's that. Maybe I'll advance it over the summer, although I'll be working in a restaurant in Wales - a minor detail. I might be able to publish stuff, I might not.
Feel free to respond to anything Heather!
TTFN
Alex (Damian)

Key: Complain about this post

Modules and Life

More Conversations for Alex Wood

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more