A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

This is the Atelier. Welcome! We, the salonistas who hang out here, are happy to have you join us. We talk about weather and topical stuff of the day and about beer, we talk about beer a lot. Art, litticher, food, computers, cats... it's all fair game for discussion.

The last conversation began on January 1, 2014, and got a bit straggly because I, the erstwhile hostess, was neglectful. I have a Health Thing; it distracted me.

Mol was first to the forum, for which achievement we are happy to bestow the traditional first-to-the-forum mug and tee shirt. The prize for being last to the forum was originally a cattle prod, until someone invented the blue mohair pants. These days, knitted fashions are so bizarre as to make the human form unintelligible, but at least we give you a choice. Will it be the pants with the sock feet, or the crocheted, form fitting rainbow colored unitary with Peruvian style hat?

I begin this conversation by asking you, my friends: what New Year's resolution have you decided not to make? Please make yourselves at home.

Post 2

Milla, h2g2 Operations

*milla tumbles in excitedly*
smiley - towel

Post 3

Bluebottle

What New Year's Resolutions did I decide NOT to make? Hmm – the possibilities are endless. I can tell you which one I made, and the ones I didn't make are everything except 'Try harder to get know the people I work with'.

<BB<

Post 4

Unresolutions. That thing you thought you ought to strive to do and then decided to forgive yourself for not doing. If you know what I mean.

*Matina brings mills an Irish coffee in a FTTF mug* *

Post 5

See you guys on the other side of sleep.

Post 6

logicus tracticus philosophicus

wow, wish you all a happy new thread.. and go back to lurking

Post 7

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I am not making any resolutions, because I think we are now hard wired to find excuses not to follow them.

My ongoing personal enbetterment projects include trying to get healthier after my surgeries last year, breaking into public speaking at a local security conference, attempting to become somewhat more positive in outlook than is my norm.

In other news, hey it's a new convo!

Post 8

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Yay, 1st LED.

No resolutions here, just happy to have survived the previous 12 shitty months.

Goodbye 2015.

Post 9

See, LTP has resolved to not stop lurking. *waves to LTP* That's an unresolution.

I guess I failed to resolve to stop eating chocolate.

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

These days I resolve each year to eat more and sleep more, but as I need to be awake to eat, I don't often achieve both in a day...

I did well over the festive holiday, but it is more of a challenge when I'm at work during the day...

I don't make a resolution to fit into certain other people's expectations - an ex colleague criticised me the other day for being what they thought of as weird, but I say So What? smiley - magic

Post 11

Reality Manipulator

I have hardly ever made any New Year resolutions as my philosophy in life is to plan one day at a time and set goals/resolutions when I feel the time is right.smiley - zen

I hope everyone will have a great 2016.smiley - magic

Post 12

Mol - on the new tablet

smiley - run Gosh what a fab start to the weekend smiley - magic New thread, I mean. And a mug! And a T-shirt! It was so long ago I'd forgotten. Thank you smiley - smiley

I resolved not to make a resolution about going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. So far, not only is this working, but I feel less stressed and less tired. As it happens, I *have* been going to bed earlier, some nights, but this is just a coincidence and not because I've been putting myself under pressure.

Today I discovered that if I go for a walk and then eat an apple I feel as though I'm really nurturing myself. I had no idea it could be that simple.

Mol

Post 13

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

I don't make New year resolutions anymore, they tend to get repetitive over the yearssmiley - biggrin

F smiley - dolphin s

Post 14

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I'm not resolving to not make resolutions.

Post 15

Witty Moniker

I am not resolving to not care about what happens to this website.

Post 16

Baron Grim

smiley - lurk

Post 17

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

. . . smiley - bubbly . .. ...

Post 18

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

[RNick]

Post 19

J'au-æmne

I made it thanks to the mods smiley - magic

I don't resolve to be sensible. At all. Now I must go and try to make my hair more purple.

Post 20

Woolly Mammoth

Hello!

I began by resolving to run 5km a day. Gave that up before 2 weeks was up.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more