A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1921

Mol - on the new tablet

I hope this means things are looking up a bit for you, Lil.

Two woodpidgeons are snuggling up together on the telegraph wire by our house right now. Spring has definitely arrived in rural Northamptonshire.

Mol

Post 1922

Woolly Mammoth

Pleased to hear that Lil, what a vile sort of woman.

It's spring here as well I went down for a walk by the Forth, I haven't been able to run due to a hamstring, but I went on a 2 mile walk and I was stunned by how much more I noticed.

Post 1923

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Lil, this is my ultimate attempt at losing the weight that has plagued me for years. The surgery was successful and I am losing, but having some dehydration problems. I will get through it, hopefully lose enough to be as active as I would like to be.

Post 1924

Todaymueller

I have made friends with a cat. Never had much time for them in the past, not a lover but not a hater either. Anyhoo Dee the works cat is becoming quite chummy lately. It's taken 2 years mind.

Post 1925

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Well, that sounds about right for a cat. You can't be too careful when it comes to picking your friends. Look what happened to me.

Post 1926

Pastey

Glad the legal stuff is working out Lil!

My first cask went out, and sold out in the opening session!

Post 1927

Santragenius V

smiley - applause Pastey. And so very good to see you back, Lil smiley - biggrin

Post 1928

Bald Bloke

I can vouch for Pastey's beer selling out, I was helping drink it.
Together with Phil and others. smiley - ale

Post 1929

Bald Bloke

Current Status. ..
Very wet in Buxton.

Post 1930

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Lil! So very glad to see you!

Post 1931

I am glad to be back. *settles in to a Lazy B*****dâ„¢ chair with a cup of tea*

And this is my first post using my Fire. smiley - ok

Post 1932

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

We're about to have our first dinner at home with just the paper clan in over a month. Steak, baked potatoes, mushrooms, and asparagus, followed by teeny little chocolate cream piessmiley - drool

OK, so our guest was a nice enough guy, but we're still celebrating. If that makes me horrible, so be itsmiley - tongueout

Post 1933

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Looks like I get to have needles stuck in me once a week for a while to combat dehydration. An endoscopy is scheduled for the end of the month to verify there is nothing wrong with the surgery.

Lil, good to see you back

Post 1934

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Hello people who were regulars before I found this place smiley - silly I've not been about much due to recent new addition, who us now 7 weeks old and 13lb or so. For a newborn he sleeps really well which I am glad of as it means I'm recovering really well from surgery.

Post 1935

I'm trying to figure out how to persuade the magistrate court in Lincoln County to let me appear via skype instead of over the phone. Of course, as soon as I had the idea, I thought of turning myself into a female version of Max Headroom....

Post 1936

Pastey

Progress progresses very slowly, be thankful they've caught up with telephones smiley - winkeye

Hi all, I'm still around.

Post 1937

Mol - on the new tablet

The first time we used Skype, DH and the kids were at his dad's, and I was at home running the other end of the connection. I put on a Cyberman face mask, and when the call came through my first words were 'Mummy has been deleted'.

The kids were all exactly the right age to find this hilarious. Possibly a judge might find it less so ...

Mol

Post 1938

Bluebottle

My kids still find it hilarious to stare at the picture of themselves in the corner and pull silly faces, ignoring completely who we're trying to speak to.

<BB<

Post 1939

Dizzy H. Muffin

You know, I don't think I've actually used Skype's video feature before.

It's actually been warm enough on this side of the pond that I've been wearing shorts and a T-shirt when biking! I still need an ear-warming headband, though ...

Post 1940

Bluebottle

I've started cycling in t-shirts this week, but started wearing shorts last month.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more