109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1701

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Good sailing, Tod!

*gets herself a cinnamon bun and a mug of hot chocolate*

Post 1702

Bluebottle

We now have no water at all in our building, and they've blocked all the sinks up to stop anyone from using them.smiley - grr

There was certainly wind off Pompey on Sunday when I was running around there.

<BB<

Post 1703

Todaymueller

Safely anchored in Stangate creek smiley - smiley.
Got up before light just a little drizzle, no wind. So I started the engine and let go. I must confess I didn't put the sails up as I had enough to think about navigating. The heavy rain they forecast has not materialised. Maybe the met offices new super computer will improve accuracy.

Post 1704

What, you're santraing from your boat?

I'm thinking about what costume I'll put on for Halloween... smiley - evilgrin

Post 1705

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I was wondering about costumes, but I couldn't decide. Half the day is gone here already.
smiley - towel

Post 1706

Milla, h2g2 Operations

*adjusts costume by tugging at sleeves*

It'll do.

smiley - towel

Post 1707

Todaymueller

Yes santraing from my boat. Shall soon be weighing anchor and heading back. Weather is much improved on yesterday.

Post 1708

Santragenius V

smiley - cool - good boating.

Oh, halloween... Already that time again?

Post 1709

Santragenius V

And in the department of promising news: The iMac may not be completely gone. We don't have true Apple stores with Genius bars in Denmark. But there is (at least) one official, authorized reseller and I took the machine there.

They could hook it up to a thingumyjig via a LAB cable and run Apple diagnostics on it. As expected, the graphics system came out with an error - which turned out to be recognized by Apple and therefore, the graphics repair/replacement will be free of charge smiley - somersault

There may be something else and I did have to pay a diagnosis fee - but hope has been rekindled smiley - biggrin

Post 1710

I'd have paid a fee if Amazon would have done that for my kindle dx; I still miss the page-turning buttons on the side.

How do you like this costume? It was custom-made for me by a mahjongg app on my fire.

Post 1711

Milla, h2g2 Operations

It's a beautiful costume! Well done!
smiley - towel

Post 1712

Bluebottle

smiley - yikesI don't recognise anyone!

<BtB<

Post 1713

SiliconDioxide

That's because we all dressed for Halloween. {Takes teeth extensions out}. Better?

Post 1714

Todaymueller

Halloween cozies much in evidence smiley - witch tonight.
Back from my trip down the Medway. Full report on www.yotbum.weebly.com

Post 1715

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

My costume is likely getting a little threadbare--I can't actually remember how many years I've been using it!

Post 1716

SashaQ - happysad

This is only my second year of a Halloween costume - last year's was epic, as I anagrammed a quote from Plato, but this year's is very short!

a SQash

Post 1717

We had quite a few trick-or-treaters last night. A smiley - pirate or two, an smiley - devil, and many princesses smiley - diva. Best of all was the dad dressed up as a ninja turtle.

So many trick-or-treaters that I had to dash out for more candy. Now we have too much. Perhaps Mister Nerd can leave it in the lunchroom at work.

Post 1718

Milla, h2g2 Operations

R was disappointed in the number of trick-or-treaters at home in Sweden. About 15 in total. I think it's slowed down a bit in the last two or three years, which makes sense, it's an imported thing anyway. Here in Suzhou, I stayed in at the hotel, and there were a few kids in the restaurant, but all that really happened was that they got red light-up horns from the hotel to wear. They are adorable though. One little boy flat out refused the horns, which I thought was pretty sensible for a four year old. Or less, I have a hard time guessing the age of the Chinese children.

smiley - towel

Post 1719

Pastey

Around here we don't really get trick or treaters. A few parents take their kids around a route of friend's houses, but that's it.
One of the side effects of living in an area with a large Jewish population I guess.

Post 1720

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Our street is pitch black at night--no streetlights. So even if we'd been home last night, we probably wouldn't've gotten more than 5 (the neighborhood kids).

Key: Complain about this post