A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1661

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Feel better Lil.

Post 1662

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Lil, if you have my current email addy shoot me a message. Short form first name dot lastname at gmail. I am not sure what your current active email addy is.

Post 1663

Dizzy H. Muffin

Hope things get better for you, Lil.

http://kimikomuffin.itch.io/amity-x-li I decided that it works better to describe this creation of mine as a story, rather than categorizing it under "games." So, into this thread it goes.

Post 1664

Todaymueller

Lil, hope things are on the up.
spent the day out on my boat. On the plus side everything was OK on board. On the minus side I left a crutch behind, wasn't any use on a boat anyway. I should be able to get back out to get it next week...weather permitting.

Post 1665

Santragenius V

Lil, as said on "the other site", do get better smiley - cheerup

Here, autumn has truly hit - it is, for lack of a better word and please excuse my French, p*ss pouring. I can take comfort in only having to go from door to car and car to door - but I do feel for the 1,300 Danish scouts who are on training courses in the outdoors across Denmark this week (my own N included - he's away 6th year in a row).

Travel-wise my autumn has been a wee bit on the slow side. We start the fiscal year on Sep 1, so normally it's hectic. But it seems to be picking up - Stockholm (well, well outside the city) next week, Moscow in mind-Nov, Lansing MI in early December. And I still have to fit South Africa in some time.

These frequent flyer gold cards do not earn themselves smiley - tongueout

Post 1666

Todaymueller

Spent the day upgrading my OS to Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (Trusty Tahr) It all seems to have gone pretty well. No big changes, unlike last time where it was a shock of major proportions.

Post 1667

Milla, h2g2 Operations

*has nothing really to say*
*is having a smiley - senior transition moment smiley - steamsmiley - puff*

Hotflashes and hormones. Interesting things. TMI? sorry about that... As you were...

smiley - towel

Post 1668

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

got the hang of the stylus now, on the fire. smiley - smiley but antibiotics are still sucking up my ambition...

*curls up in lazy bastard chair with tablet*

Post 1669

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]

Post 1670

Matina, will you make us some cinnamon buns, please?

Sunay is Sloth Day! Not the vice, the animal: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/19/wildlife-rescue-center-sloth-c-section-_n_5978242.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000044&ir=Green

Post 1671

Santragenius V

smiley - steam Seems my iMac has died.... smiley - wah

Post 1672

Bald Bloke

I thought that they never died (according to Mac users)
Maybe it's just pining for California smiley - smiley

Post 1673

smiley - laugh

How old is the device, Santra?

Post 1674

I have a problem about tarantulas -- I fear them - but this fellow is of a whole nother order of magnitude:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/goliath-encounter-puppy-sized-spider-surprises-scientist-in-rainforest/

Post 1675

Mol - on the new tablet

Seeing a Goliath tarantula (in a zoo I hasten to add) is one of my earliest memories. (This would have been *before* Doctor Who and the Planet of the Spiders left me totally traumatised). I still find them beautiful and fascinating.

On a computer screen, at any rate. Not in real life.

Mol

Post 1676

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Alas poor iMac parting is such sweet sorrow.

Our boiler is borked and the gas man can't fix it till Monday or possibly Tuesday. Thank bomb that the in-laws have a spare room or two!

Antibiotics aren't fun, I remember having shingles and a chest infection at the same time. That week involved lots of pills!

Post 1677

*clinging to easy chair* Has the earthquake stopped?

Post 1678

Pastey

You alright over there Asters?

Post 1679

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Quake? oh no!
But the site is back, that's nice!

smiley - towel

Post 1680

Bald Bloke

Picks up bits from around the atelier and puts them back on shelves.
Damn Goo quakes...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more