A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1321

Santragenius V

You could tell them to go find a pub? smiley - tongueout

Post 1322

Mol - on the new tablet

Goodness it's quiet. I hope everybody is OK and just a bit busy at the moment.

I tried a new tactic last night. I always, always feel rubbish in the mornings. Always. And I keep trying to go to bed earlier and earlier, so I feel less rubbish, and it doesn't work: I still feel rubbish, and often I don't go to sleep for a couple of hours anyway.

So last night I stayed up until 1am, cleaning and tidying and pottering about. Pandering my inner owl. I still feel rubbish this morning, but at least I have a clean kitchen and a clear list of what I want to do this weekend.

smiley - rose for flight MH17. The only crumb of comfort on this one is that at least it was in a remote area with no ground casualties.

Mol

Post 1323

SiliconDioxide

It has been too hot to type in Southern England, for a couple of days. Storms last night have cleared the air a little.

I would rate the sequence of flashes and bangs from the storm last night at 8 out of 10. How was it for everyone else?

[SIO2]

Post 1324

Bald Bloke

It was a good one, only 7/10 because it turned up at 05:00 and woke me up.smiley - sleepy

Post 1325

Bluebottle

We had lots of lightning, no real thunder nearby, fortunately, and I wasn't sure whether it was hailing or raining as it sounded too heavy to be rain. All the kids quickly ended up in our bed, leaving me precariously perched on the edge.

<BB<

Post 1326

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I blame 2legs for polyamory, polyarmoury, pollyamory, rolypolyamory, rolypoly pudding, and spotted dick.

Post 1327

Bluebottle

What about 'Ballamory'?

<BB<

Post 1328

Wait... this was the wrong thread. smiley - blush

Post 1329

Bald Bloke

I wonder (not) which thread that was intended for... smiley - laugh

Waves Hi to Mr Dreadful as we haven't seen him for a while smiley - tea

Post 1330

Bluebottle

Do you blame 2Legs for this being in the wrong thread?

<BB<

Post 1331

Very much so.

Anyway... as I'm here, I might as well have a tea and a danish, and a nice sit down.

There appear to be things going on in my life! smiley - biggrin I have an appointment with my GP so I can discuss referral for getting a prope Autistic Spectrum Disorder diagnosis (though I don't hold any hopes of it being done properly, or even quickly).

Also since last I was a regular here I have gone from polyamory being entirely theoretical to... smiley - erm a bit less theoretical. Basically I have met three lovely, lovely women online and we have friendships where more isn't being ruled out later should we mutually decide to do that. And on top of that things with Mrs. D are the best they've ever been. smiley - loveblush

Post 1332

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]

Post 1333

Bagpuss

I have a shiny new computer! Actually, it's not that shiny, it has a matt black finish. I chose Windows 8 over 7 and it seems to insist on my Hotmail details (sorry, my Microsoft account details) to start. And it sent a code to my mobile phone. I'm a little uncomfortable about this level of connectedness.

In the setup I told it that I didn't want Internet Explorer sharing my info with Bill Gates. Mind you, I didn't want IE to do anything except go to the Mozilla website.

Anyway, I'm downloading a bunch of games on Steam that didn't work very well on ye olde machine.

Post 1334

The road to chez Nerd is being paved with, er, rocks and pitch and whatever it is that the county road crew paves roads with. Rocks and pitch, mostly. All those who have feared visiting us because of the giant potholes need fear no longer. Paving should be concluded at some point in the near future, possibly end of next week.

The winds broke off about 1/3 of our mimosa tree. The rest is cracking, the arborist confirmed, and is ready to break off.

Post 1335

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - sadface what a pity about the tree

Post 1336

Pastey

I'm still waiting on the license from revenue&customs to be able to start selling my beer.
The garage brewery is pretty much up and running, although I need to finish off my new boiler.
Still hoping to do the first batch of commercial brewing early September.

Post 1337

Santragenius V

*sitting quietly and munching on nibblies on a Barcelona rooftop terrace*

*waves*[

Post 1338

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I will be kegging my 118 IBU IPA tomorrow. Should be ready to drink in a couple of days. We really worked on our mash temps in the brew to try to lessen the malt forward flavor that we got on the last batch. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Post 1339

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Hullo Tony, welcome to the Atelier? It can be difficult to spot a post out of place in the salon, especially when it's an initial post.

Well, I had a short run of bad health followed by about 48 hours of good health and then I pranged again this weekend. *wonders idly about the etymological origins of 'prang'*

I hope this isn't a brief sighting, but odds are I'm going to be stuck on more antibiotics after the doctor comes back tomorrow. I might become a petulant zombie again.

Post 1340

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*tries, and fails, to smooth the question mark out into an exclamation point*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more