A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 961

Matina the Maidbot

*brings Pastey a smiley - ale*

*returns to the kitchen, then re-enters the salon bearing a large pan of fresh-baked cinnamon rolls*

*takes a close look at Carriere, then raps it sharply on its wooden housing before going back to the kitchen*

Post 962

Carriere the BistroMath Refreshment Machine

*in response to the rap, the bicycle bell within Carrier's frame rings twice, and a thermal pot of coffee is placed firmly on the table. The arm retracts and the box emits a somewhat challenging honk*

Post 963

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Ooh, just what I needed! Lovely!
*munches and slurps quietly* Sorry about the noise... smiley - blush

smiley - biggrin

smiley - towel

Post 964

Santragenius V

Ooh, I'd completely ignored Carriere lately (if there is a pun there, it's likely intended smiley - silly)

Carriere, could I have a smiley - cappuccino, please? Two lumps of sugar and, ideally, in a porcelain cup?

*waits idly while steam blowing sounds and various rumbles and grinding noises go on inside the box and the service door opens just a little once in a while as if something's coming out but regrets*

Post 965

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Ti, not knowing if there would be questions about identity is why I carried my passport everywhere with me in Egypt. I was there during a tense time, after all, and who knew if things might heat up unexpectedly. I also had my state issued drivers licence with me regardless if I needed it.
When I was at the beach resort in Mexico I felt it safe enough to leave my identification ensconced in the safe.

Post 966

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*nabs a cinnamon roll*

And I'll have a cafe au lait please, in a bowl.

Post 967

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Matina and Carriere are indeed wonderful things.
On the train, I have just imbibed a paper cup of English Breakfast with Milk. Could be worse, but could also have been better. Better fare is had at the Atelier!

smiley - towel

Post 968

Bluebottle

Paper cups with smiley - tea are an obscenity.smiley - grr

<BB<

Post 969

Titania (gone for lunch)

I remember a rather descent tea, brewed strong by a German sleeping train conductor and sold out his small conductor's compartment together with an assortment of sandwiches and croissants. No porcelain cups, only double plastic mugs (because the tea was so hot the inner mug would buckle from the heat).

With sugar and milk it was more than OK - even the elderly British lady who kept calling me 'daaahling' and who asked me to get her some tea and a croissant (and paid for my tea and sandwich as thanks) thought it was 'quite acceptable'. Without her, I wouldn't have known you could buy breakfast onboard.

We shared compartment with a middle-aged Italian gentleman. In the evening he'd step out into the corridor to smoke his pipe through an open window while we ladies pulled the curtains to, changed and got into bed, turning off the light as a signal that all was clear. He'd then slip inside, change in the dark and go to bed.

Reverse order in the morning. I was young and felt I was in the company of seasoned travellers.

Post 970

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]

Post 971

Pastey

So far I've done 23 of my 30 short stories in 30 days, and it's still rather difficult.

I did however last night write a short that my subconscious used to bring out a character I've sort of had in the back of my mind for ages. So now I'm going to have to work with them more, because I really quite like them smiley - smiley

Post 972

Carriere the BistroMath Refreshment Machine

*it was the porcelain,apparently*

*the door finally opens with a triumphant creak, and Santra's drink is presented with a flourish, in an antique Limoges cup*

*Lil's cafe au lait is soon placed next to Santra's order, after which Carriere shuts with a bang and goes quiet*

Post 973

SiliconDioxide

I did ask Carriere for some water a while back, but nothing came out. perhaps it needs a tap?

[sio2]

Post 974

Titania (gone for lunch)

Tap on the door?smiley - silly

Post 975

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - rofl

Currently watching the Swedish version of Junior Masterchef and when one of the judges showed them how to cook his dish and turned over the fish filets he was frying with a flick of his wrist, one of the kids said:

'Last time I tried that, a pancake got stuck in the kitchen fan...'

Post 976

Maybe it doesn't think water is an actual drink. I've been to restaurants like that in France.

Post 977

SiliconDioxide

I just meant a gentle tap. I wouldn't want to faucet.

Post 978

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - groansmiley - laugh

Post 979

smiley - groan

*grabs another cinnamon roll and a cup of bluebottle's tea*

I've had a few nights of real sleep and I've been doing some real art, so I feel revitalized. smiley - smiley But I happily wasted a lot of time on a link lentilla posted to facebook, giggling and showing things to the aides:

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

Post 980

Santragenius V

*thoroughly enjoys the smiley - cappuccino*

SiO2, that faucet comment was smiley - rofl!

Enjoying Oxford - even if a certain, very low, railroad bridge did not give as much as a millimeter when I tried to move it today. With my head smiley - injured Luckily, my family is thick-sculled - but I have a nice gash and by the time I'm back to work probably most of the colours of the rainbow across my forehead...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more