This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Quiet time and a reassuring reply

Post 41

ITIWBS

'coupla' smiley - coffeesmiley - coffee

smiley - biggrinI'd plead time zone difference, except its almost 9:30pm PDT.

I need to work late tonight, just too smiley - dog<> hot to to do it by day, with today's high at 118F/47.7C.

116F/46.6C forecast for tomorrow.

Post 42

Smudger879n

I've had a really quiet day today, too quiet really? This living alone takes a bit of getting used to, especially at my age?

I've had a bit of trouble getting back in here, been locked out for a while now, but thanks to the help from admin. I'm back in now, I really missed not being in here, even though I don't post or write as much as I used to.

I keep telling myself I need to get back to writing again, my sister, who lives in Holland, is always asking me, as we face time every night, ever since I got back in touch with her after a gap of twenty odd years!

My fault, as we disagreed over my divorce, so I never kept in touch, which was wrong really.

How would you react in such a situation like that.smiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 43

bobstafford

In your position don't let go again and bless the luck that you have such a sister. That and don't be a stranger on here, are you off to Holland For Christmas smiley - smiley

Post 44

Smudger879n

Aye! Bob, I'm looking forward to spending Christmas with them this year, as last year I was totally depressed, and it was my first one without my wife and soul mate?

I've been keeping myself busy doing up the house, so far I've re painted both bedrooms and am starting in the living room now.

But it's slow going, given my mobility problem?

I was hoping to move back into the main bedroom, once I had changed it, but somehow it doesn't feel the right time yet?

So I'm still sleeping in the computer room?smiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 45

bobstafford

At least you are sleeping and keeping busy, and you do have something nice to look forward to.

Maybe post some of your photos on one of the websites so we can share and comment.

Just take it easy it will come right take up a hobby, yes I know old advice but it works.
Write a book you have one in you the RN service for a start It clears the mind.
Or go on a coach trip holiday the sheer banality of the above will clear the mind and maybe lift the spirit smiley - stiffdrink.

smiley - cheers

Post 46

Smudger879n

Cheers for that Bob, I was thinking about getting back to writing, and this sites newspaper smiley - thepost would be a great place to start, as I used to write for them before, they are called Smudger's Snippets.

I quite enjoyed that, and the posts that came back from them, gave me the incentive to keep going.

Im in the process of buying a private reg. plate for my car, .....well it was either that or buy a Jaguar,........ and the plate works our cheaper.smiley - winkeye

I slept great last night, as I took a pill that does the job fine.

The doctor allowed me 7 a month, that way I get one nights sleep a week.

I don't know what I'm going to do, after I've finished doing up the house? As that is all that us keeping me sane these days.

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 47

bobstafford

Get an old Morse jag that will suit you. smiley - cheers

Post 48

bobstafford

Try panoramio to show your photos.
My site - http://www.panoramio.com/user/2477686?show=all

See what you thinksmiley - smiley

Post 49

Smudger879n

That cat is the double of one we had when we lived up North, he was too old to take with us when we sold the house, the new owners took him in and he settled with them fine.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 50

bobstafford

Hello mate what is the cats coloursmiley - smiley

Post 51

Smudger879n

The gray and white one, the cat was 14 years old when we left it with the new house owners, his name was Luke.smiley - cool

smiley - cheersSmudger.

PS, I've finished painting the house today, now I've got nothing to do?

Post 52

bobstafford

That's Smokey he is 4, finished painting time to get the camera outsmiley - biggrin

Post 53

Smudger879n

Ah! You don't want to see photos of painted walls, as that's all I have done really, painted over existing old wall paper?smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more