This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Meaningless thread that only grumpy geezers can properly understand

Post 4281

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

The smell of fresh baked bread in our house today has been incredible, mouthwatering and dandy! Bloody cold and damp this morning while I was walking me dogs, the common had a sprinkling of snow too! Then I went and got the milk, eggs from the farm shop also some bacon which was then cooked by my missus and eaten by me smiley - winkeye I'll be glad when I can let me chickens out of their shed, they have been inside for weeks now, fed and watered the rest of the animals, mucked out all of the blighters, then back in for lunch (a chicken and veg soup) then a after lunch snooze which was a bit longer then I expected so I have just woke up and tea was placed in front of me........ nice smiley - smiley

Post 4282

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

That sounds so nice that I'm wondering if you have room for guests. smiley - winkeye

Post 4283

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Yes we have room for guests........

Post 4284

just woke up smiley - biggrin

Post 4285

That's better than waking down. smiley - smiley

Post 4286

spent most of the day sorting out letters and e-mails, and i hate doing them its one of the great pains of my life, once a month I have to do them, its all to do with my family and their need to know everything trivial, why?! I don't know why but they do. strange init! smiley - smiley

Post 4287

In the church of the trivial, it's father, son, and holy mackerel look at how much thy charged us for that! smiley - steam

Post 4288

*In the church of the trivial, it's father, son, and holy mackerel*

smiley - laugh you do know the God is a caterer, its all to do with the "loafs and fishes thing" smiley - biggrin

One hope this helped in smiley - biggrin you're quest for the truth...... and if it don't......smiley - tongueout

Post 4289

It seems kind of ghoulish that God's son would be represented as wine and wafers during religious services. smiley - erm

Or that Yahweh would allow us to eat anything *except* apples. smiley - toffeeapple

Post 4290

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

An smiley - apple a day keeps religion away smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

Post 4291

Apparently it's okay for Jesus to hold an apple in his hand

http://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photo-jesus-hands-holding-apple-image11826215

Apples are sacred in Norse mythology.

In Greek mythology, Gaia gave Hera an apple tree

In Celtic tradition, Avalon was the isle of apples, where apples could be healing.

Apples figure prominently in druid folklore.

So choose the right set of traditions and enjoy your apples. smiley - smiley

Post 4292

Baron Grim

There's also the Golden Apple of Eris at the heart of Discordians' dogma.

Fnord

Post 4293

[Thinks about apple pie smiley - drool]

Post 4294

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

[hands paulh an smiley - applesmiley - flan]

You're welcome smiley - smiley

smiley - pirate

Post 4295

smiley - applesmiley - strawberriessmiley - oj

Fruit smileys are not that numerous.

Post 4296

Icy North

But we do have nuts: smiley - spacesmiley - silly

Post 4297

The only way to have and apple is squeezed and with added gin! have it as part of your 5 a-day!

Wazzsail tonight around our way, that means you stuff a piece of toast up in the apple tree and pour cider on the roots (that bits a waste but hay ho) and then fire a 12 bore/gauge up into the air to ward off evil sprites, and that also keeps everyone awake smiley - laugh

the local vicar has been steadly drinking all day..... every little helps smiley - laughsmiley - rofl

smiley - smiley

Post 4298

We don't have evil sprites here, but there are lots of evil skwirls.

Post 4299

What a giggle tonight, the Morris Men were out and about with a hobby horse and inflated pig's bladders on a stick! All of us outside the pub making merry and the hobby horse was dancing in and out of the dancers, the blokes with the sticks were swinging the sticks with some venom..... then the hobby horse bloke copped a stick around the mellon, went down like a sack of spuds......out cold....... smiley - rofl the crowed was laughing and ROFL and everything inbetween and the vicar asked for a doctor and off went the crowed again....... I nearly died...... smiley - laughsmiley - roflsmiley - biggrinsmiley - rofl

Post 4300

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_dance

hopes this helps.......smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more