This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Meaningless thread that only grumpy geezers can properly understand

Post 4261

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smiley I'm half cut this evening, my mate Mike and I have been drinking and mending his tractor, which is now working to perfection even if I do say so myself smiley - biggrin

Post 4262

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I've never enjoyed gray tea smiley - yuk.

Rich, full-bodied coffee with cream or milk, and pastries are as good as it gets in this life. smiley - drool

Post 4263

bobstafford

You shall need something to cheer you upsmiley - cool

Post 4264

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I agree on smiley - coffee and pastries smiley - drool

smiley - pirate

Post 4265

That's why we get along so well, Pierce. smiley - hug

Post 4266

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Got my tractor out today, picked up a couple of ton of fire wood, put it on my wood pile, then sorted out the dried out wood and placed that stuff closer to the house, cleaned out the flue of the wood burner which was really dirty with tar stuff, and now that fire is working fine, i suspect that somebody was burning damp wood in it over Christmas! The AGA flue in the kitchen is going to be cleaned on Thursday as that went out this morning, the missus is not happy as that means no cooking tomorrow bwe have to because it has to cool down before i can shove the wire brush up the flue smiley - biggrin so all in all not a bad day, and the M-i-L has now gone home WOOHOO

smiley - smiley

Post 4267

A day without flue is a good day smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

Post 4268

the house is nice and warm this evening and so far so good, only 3 logs so far this evening in the burner! The dogs and I are on the sofa the missus is making the tea, steak and chips is sounding good this evening and we have 3 more days without the nippers as they are over the missus brothers, I like that bloke smiley - biggrin so I think its going to be a nice week, I can get repairs done and spend a little nice time without the nipper's "helping" out smiley - biggrin so then! Its tea time BRB smiley - smiley

Post 4269

Your mother in law's departure sounds like good news, Jack Russell. Maybe she's happier at her home anyway. smiley - winkeye

Post 4270

Yeah. Maybe.

Does she have a smiley - xmastree to sleep under there? smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

Post 4271

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.xmasclock.com/

plan ahead for your hibernation folkssmiley - biggrin

Post 4272

Nice touch smiley - smiley

Post 4273

I don't need to plan for next Christmas. It would be a shame to let Christmas become a habit. smiley - smiley

Post 4274

Another fine day, cold and cold, but its nice and sunny, going to walk the dogs in a mo smiley - smiley

Post 4275

We're in the midst of the January thaw now. We've had about eight inches of snow so far this month, plus an inch and a half of rain. More is coming.

Post 4276

Mother smiley - earth is incredible. Boston is almost on the same latitude as Rome. I'm living 1100 miles to the north of Rome. And contrary to common belief there are no polar bears here. Not even snow.

smiley - pirate

Post 4277

Nah 'ol muvver natchure is pants smiley - laughsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - rofl

Post 4278

I admit she can be a beach - at least partially smiley - tongueout

smiley - pirate

Post 4279

been shopping with the missus today, she bought a heap of flour and yeast, some veggies too! the apples we stored are looking and tasting really nice as are the pears too our spuds, onions and other stuff is good too! My Missus's bread, sour dough, bun's smiley - blush bread type or her own and other baked stuff is great. Makes me happy to have the flues cleaned and the cooker working wellsmiley - biggrin

Post 4280

"Boston is almost on the same latitude as Rome" [Pierce]

Chicago and Detroit are, too, and their climates can be frightful. smiley - yikes

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more