This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Geezers and Old Codgers Convention Suite

Post 401

Icy North

Viewing figures do not affect BBC revenue, except where they are linked to merchandise.

They are, however, probably the best way of measuring "quality" (awful choice of word, I know).

Post 402

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - ale

Post 403

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

"Much as I think he's a knob I quite like working with Jeremy", says James May.
So I don't think we've seen the end of this yet.

smiley - pirate

Post 404

bobstafford

Now what would be fun is Sky put the gang of 3 in a rival motoring show perhaps with the name "Gear Knob" with the instruction let rip smiley - laugh

Post 405

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

what would be fun, if the missus pulled her finger out and made the tea!

smiley - tea

Post 406

Baron Grim

Because it airs in so many other countries and the BBC gets licensing fees. Huge fees.

Post 407

Baron Grim

Oops. I Post 20'ed. smiley - doh

Post 408

ITIWBS

smiley - zen...maybe a new smilie is called for... 20ed!

Post 409

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"Because it airs in so many other countries and the BBC gets licensing fees. Huge fees." [Baron Grim]

I don't doubt that, but if a show gets a lukewarm response from the British, does that mean it won't be well-received in other countries? Just wondering. smiley - smiley

Post 410

Baron Grim

I know one thing, Top Gear's popularity is dependent on the personalities of the presenters. We have US version with Adam Ferrera in the lead role. I watched about three episodes before I gave up.

Post 411

well done that man

Post 412

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyeplease! please! don't start about the general election smiley - ill Guy Fawkes had best idea, but they caught the poor blokesmiley - sadface

Post 413

bobstafford

He tried to blow up a king had James known what would happen to son Charles he would have taken notice of the warning letter from catesby and stayed away.

The hero Guy would have blown the b******s up and he would have let him off. King and people on the same side as it should be, Parliament causing trouble.

Where is Mr Fawkes when you really need him.

Post 414

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - sadfacesame place as superman

Post 415

"Where is Mr Fawkes when you really need him." [Bobstafford]

That's evidently a trick question, even trickier than "Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?" since his body was lost or destroyed smiley - sadface. Anyway, I'm not convinced that he would be all that useful if he were still alive, as he would be much too old to help much. smiley - smiley

Post 416

Baron Grim

Relevant:

Do you know what Elvis would be doing if he were alive today?

Clawing at the roof of his coffin, I suspect.

Post 417

well that killed the thread........

Post 418

I'm surprised that mentioning Elvis would kill any thread, let alone this one. smiley - smiley For one thing, one of the most celebrated paintings at the Museum of bad Art is a picture of Elvis painted on velvet. It is bad enough to keep any of us grumbling for days. smiley - winkeye

Post 419

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Any news on who will replace Jeremy Klaxon?
Mr. Bean knows cars, Michael Gambon ones drove one and Stephen Fry knows everything.
Who's your candidate? smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

Post 420

bobstafford

smiley - ale

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more