This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Meaninglee thread that only grumpy geezers can properly understand

Post 3401

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

the leg in question is my "holiday leg" an old one. its made out of aluminium and plastic! it also has a foot on the end which is covered by a black sock it looks great when you wear shorts! To be honest i never favoured this type of leg I always found it to be crap on a day to day thing, but all my new legs are just "pegs" think "long john silver" but not made out of wood, carbon fibre stump cup with and assortment of "pegs" that screw into the stump cup, that are made out of aluminium or some other modern material " i like my byclcing one and my everyday anodised aluminium purple peg" the most!

RJR the living proof smiley - biggrin

Post 3402

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The best proof comes out of a bottle.

Post 3403

Baron Grim

I knew a guy with a simple one like that with a "foot" on the bottom. It was also his spare. At a smiley - biker rally, he brought this one out to server alcohol to any takers; "Leg-aritas"

smiley - laugh

Post 3404

Icy North

Do you ever get those dreams where you desperately want to go and do something, but you're rooted to the spot? I normally manage it by unscrewing my feet at the ankles, but you do have to remember that the left leg has a left-hand thread.

Post 3405

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

nice touch! matesmiley - laugh

Post 3406

Just had lunch, a nice chicken salad with some brown rice stuff, also cider was doing the washing down the grub thing! smiley - smiley so were now sat in our chair looking out at the sea getting ready for my afternoon nap smiley - smiley

Post 3407

"Do you ever get those dreams where you desperately want to go and do something, but you're rooted to the spot?" [Icy North]

I hope this isn't another quiz. smiley - winkeye

I do get those dreams, but eventually I wake up. What bothers me is when it happens in real life smiley - huh.

Post 3408

Baron Grim

The ones I hate are the dreams where I'm getting close to being lucid but I haven't sussed that yet, so I'm trying to finish some task in the dream so I can get on with something else. But once I get to this point, I get focused on that task, usually trying to get to some destination, but the "map" keeps changing and I get lost or it just keeps becoming a longer trek, or I keep getting held up or something.

Basically, the problem is my mind is trying to control the dream, but it's not realizing it's in a dream. The dream is trying to change and I'm not letting it so it sort of turns into a big glue trap. I can't get anywhere.

Very frustrating.

Post 3409

just woke up, a nice nap was had by me and the missus! smiley - smiley

Post 3410

"the dreams where I'm getting close to being lucid" [Baron Grim]

As I get older, lucidity becomes a destination for which my train charges extra. smiley - sadface

Post 3411

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

my mates shut his wife up, moaning about wanting a fur coat for next wintersmiley - smileyhe's bought her a donkey jacket

Post 3412

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Two smiley - bunnysmiley - bunny might have been cheaper smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

Post 3413

Won't the donkey be cold without its jacket?

Post 3414

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/arserace

if ya've nowt better t'do smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 3415

In fact, I have something better to do: alphabetize the bottles on my spice rack.

Post 3416

smiley - laugh

Post 3417

And now I need to put away the clean clothes from last week's trip to the laundromat [I don't use driers, but put the wet laundry on clothes hangers or drying racks in my house].

Post 3418

rain all day yesterday and most of last night, and its just started again, smiley - biggrin but were still happy as the tent is hanging in there smiley - laugh

Post 3419

I wish we could have some of that rain here in Boston. smiley - grovel

Post 3420

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

We used to hang our washes on the Siegfried line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BuetfQ3xQw

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more