This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Israel and Hamas

Post 61

U14993989

What can the armchair critic do? - a letter writing campaign to Israeli Embassies smiley - shrug

Israel and Hamas

Post 62

bobstafford

Wont work the opinion of the public counts for nothing. smiley - smiley

Israel and Hamas

Post 63

U14993989

What's the point of broadcasting this to the public - it will just end up with synagogues being vandalised and Jews being beaten up as some people vent their anger in what they see on the tv. The alternative is to sort of ignore it, or blame it on religion or whatever. At least with letter writing one is fulfilling a form of democratic response ...

Israel and Hamas

Post 64

bobstafford

That is mob rule its the politicians job to sort this mess out and both sids have to give a little.

Israel and Hamas

Post 65

ITIWBS

...just the problem, as the Camp David peace negotiations demonstrated.

Neither side will give even a little.

More than a little disgusting to see a conflict driven ultimately by nothing more than prejudice, irrespective of type of prejudice...

Israel and Hamas

Post 66

bobstafford

The news looks bleak things look worse.

Israel and Hamas

Post 67

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

fragile truce holding, I don't reckon for peacesmiley - sadfacebut each side taking stock

Israel and Hamas

Post 68

bobstafford

Re arming ?

Israel and Hamas

Post 69

ITIWBS

Probably.

Beyond any reasonable doubt.

I just wish that both sides could grasp the principle that just because they've got it doesn't mean they've got to use it.

I'd frankly be afraid to try explaining the rudiments of detente and detterance theory to either.

A little knowledge can sometimes be a very dangerous thing.

Israel and Hamas

Post 70

bobstafford

They must know what they are doing and where it can end.

Israel and Hamas

Post 71

Smudger879n

My Dad never got back from WW2 until 1949' as he had to serve in Palestine, before he got sent home, and when I was a lad he told me that things would never get improve out there, and he was right.

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Israel and Hamas

Post 72

bobstafford

My father was there as well what unit was yours in.

Israel and Hamas

Post 73

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

"they" talk about diseases of all kinds, wiping out millions over the lifetime of mankind etc smiley - sadface but! the only 2 killers dominating mankind's existence that really need eradicating are :- religion and politics

Israel and Hamas

Post 74

U14993989

The arms industry plus its marketization could be looked into. One just needs to consider the total global spend on "defence" compared to other forms of spend. It's modern economics - killing is big business.

Israel and Hamas

Post 75

U14993989

Aside:

according to Thomas Hobbes we all need a strong civilising leader to prevent the natural state of man emerging with its associated death and destruction.

Comparing the before & after of the countries associated with with General Tito, Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi, Bashar al-Assad and one might think Hobbes had a point.

Israel and Hamas

Post 76

slightly off topic and apologies for it

India and Pakistan hate each other and spend millions of $$$ on nuclear weapons etcsmiley - sadfaceBUT! as soon as famine/drought or any other catastrophe hits their country - they cry international help and "we" pour money to them smiley - ermsmiley - ermsmiley - erm

spend the bloody money on your people!!!

Israel and Hamas

Post 77

ITIWBS

Notes On The Political Psychology Of Conflict:

Taking it in terms of paradigms of psychohistory, every war of aggression in history has been undertaken by a regime of the character of paranoid core leadership, usually of persecutionary-megalomaniac type, surrounded and isolated by means of a milieu of the antisocials in their inner circle.

Every great pogrom, every great race persecution, every great religious persecution, every great political persecution, every great iconoclasm, has had a hypochondriacal-litigious paranoiac rationale and rhetoric.

Every famous peace time assassin in history has suffered either from a jealous-erotomaniac paranoia, most common case, or persecutionary-megalomania; spree killers, expecially suicide bombers, but including other types, are most commonly driven by hypochodrical-litigious paranoia, but sometimes, alternatively by persecutionary-megalomania.

Meanwhile, the syndromes given are embedded in a larger society and predispose at the micro level to histrionic responce, with the
predisposition to paradoxical emotive response characteristic of histrionic disorder attached, as follows: confronted with a controversy or dispute between either antisocials or paranoids and persons of integrity, realizing at the preconscious or 'gut' level that they are in real danger if they take a stance against the antisocial or paranoid, while on the other hand, at the same level, they also have a strong sense that they are in no danger at all from the person of integrity, the potential for paradoxical emotive response kicks in and the histrionic type reflexively backs up the antisocial or paranoid; in other words, histrionic response can be viewed as a species of moral cowardice operating at the preconscious level.

The phenomenology has many manifestations and applications from the histrionic appeal of the demagogue to its applications in state terror in context of rogue states.

None of what I've have said is necessarily to be viewed or treated as conclusions, though I believe it all to be nominally true and correct as it stands.

All of the usages employed above are in conformity with the official standards of usage of the jargon in context of the psychological disciplines.

No malapropisms of usage are employed.

More follows, by and by.

Israel and Hamas

Post 78

ITIWBS

...toss in a conclusion on the Israeli-Palestinian situation...

Both sides are demoralized.

Israel and Hamas

Post 79

Smudger879n

Quote. "My father was there as well what unit was yours in."

He was an armorer in the RAF, and was out there when the war ended, then his squadron was kept there in Palestine.

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Israel and Hamas

Post 80

bobstafford

Doubt they met then he was in the parachute regiment. Still it is interesting to hear about the RAF base.smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post