This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

Israel and Hamas

Post 21

U14993989

ps Humanitarians have to be absolutely apolitical - with a soul focus on preserving life and having the basics for security of life. Politics is something else and operates on longer timescales.

Israel and Hamas

Post 22

Peanut

on the ground humanitarian assistance has to be apolitical, but you would be hard pushed not to be political to even get that far

Israel and Hamas

Post 23

U14993989

>> on the ground humanitarian assistance has to be apolitical, but you would be hard pushed not to be political to even get that far <<

Only if you were "aspiritual" and didn't hold principles that transcended politics & "dogma" in all its forms. Although I suppose wanting to save and preserve life might be considered dogmatic by some - let nature take its course etc. As soon as you become political then you begin to place politics (or political ideology) above humanitarianism.

Israel and Hamas

Post 24

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

99% of all wars/conflicts throughout history, have been caused by religions and individuals interpretations of "scriptures".
Even Henry VIII MADE his own religion, because he couldn't have his own way and a divorce - result, trying to use one to push out another - Northern Irelandsmiley - sadface

Israel and Hamas

Post 25

U14993989

If that were true maybe it is time to declare total war on religion - no mercy - let's sort it once and for all smiley - shrug

Israel and Hamas

Post 26

Peanut

While assistance and provision on humanitarian grounds does have to be completely neutral and apolitical on the ground politics does come in to it.

Governments,the international community and institutions have responsibilities, requiring a response from them which can go as far as military intervention on humanitarian grounds is political

Humanitarians who have promoted and campaigned throughout history for social and legal reforms have to do that in that in the political arena. You can be apolitical on the level that you are politically neutral but nonetheless you have to engage in a political process.

Israel and Hamas

Post 27

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

In addition to outsiders making decisions about the borders I would propose that those religious places which are important to both Jews and Muslims (or others) do belong not to a specific country but should be separate - like the Vatican for instance. They could be governed by some kind of council of religious/priest type people of all involved religions.

Israel and Hamas

Post 28

bobstafford

That's a good idea Tav if only they could sort it out smiley - ok

Israel and Hamas

Post 29

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/23/arab-christians-secular-arabs-isis-middle-east-minorities

that's what isis are trying to do (sort of)

Israel and Hamas

Post 30

bobstafford

Right or wrong the Jews have a biblical right to this land.and that will be hard to talk then out of. They strongly believe in this God given right, the Jewish lobby in the USA stand firmly behind them.

Our need for oil is diminishing a hughe finincial problem for the Arab world with no easy solution, the only decent patch of land is Israel.

Is there a solution.

Israel and Hamas

Post 31

Icy North

{Right or wrong the Jews have a biblical right to this land.}

I think you just answered it there, Bob.

Israel and Hamas

Post 32

Peanut

I disagree

Rightly or wrongly bestowed, Israelis have a claim to the land and a nation given to them by other mechanisms and for other reasons and that is as potent as a force, if not more so than the religious one

Israel and Hamas

Post 33

Peanut

That sounded all kinds of wrong, the 'given to them', because it has been not easily won,

I would like to try and explain myself better, and can't for that I apologise, think I said I would make meself scarce earlier, will takes me own advice...

smiley - alesmiley - cake

Israel and Hamas

Post 34

ITIWBS

The modern state of Israel was created by means of a process of civil war and conquest endorsed and certified by the UN.

In passing, Hama's has been financing its arms purchases in part by means of heroin trafficking.

Involvement of Israelis in brokering the heroin deals has been documented, a rather hellish note of 'cooperation' helping to drive the conflict.

Israel and Hamas

Post 35

bobstafford

Sorry Icy you did but is the claim valid

Israel and Hamas

Post 36

bobstafford

Now Israel has hit a UN shelter this seems to be running out of control.

Israel and Hamas

Post 37

Icy North

Why have all the complexities and expense of the machinery of international law when we have such reliable, universally acceptable references such as the Bible smiley - smiley

Israel and Hamas

Post 38

bobstafford

Someone said the middle ages ended some time ago. It was a good time to take over the country British let the people of Israel in then went home and left everyone to get on with it.

Israel and Hamas

Post 39

"Rules are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"

hardest part is telling them apartsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Israel and Hamas

Post 40

bobstafford

The army of Israel is excellent and ruthless I do not believe they are careless or out of control. But pressures of war do cause anomalys. Mistakes will be made.

Hamas will also make mistakes.

Key: Complain about this post