This is the Message Centre for loonycat - run out of fizz

Spring is coming...

Post 1

loonycat - run out of fizz

Time to get outdoors, busy busy and at one with nature smiley - peacedove

Loons has had a tiring winter but is determined to"snap out of it" smiley - laugh

I just did an online test and discovered my chakras are #£@*%&red. That would explain everything! smiley - zen

Spring is coming...

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

so looking forward to actual spring being here, this year! smiley - drool first few glimpses just appearing... which, oddlyu round here, in a built up environment, consists of noticing kids out, later, kicking balls about etc smiley - laugh and... sunshine during the day! actual light! smiley - wowsmiley - drool mayve I'm craving vit D smiley - laughsmiley - magic

Spring is coming...

Post 3

Yes, actual daylight! I feel like a cave dweller in winter smiley - ermsmiley - weird perhaps its one of those basic human needs, warmth, sunlight, seasonal continuity.

I've got loads of crocuses and snowdrops out in my garden smiley - magic and saw someone in short shorts yesterday smiley - bigeyes

Spring is coming...

Post 4

I think it was actually last night; when I suddenly clocked, the noise, from outside, in the evening; of kids larking about outside!; suddenly realised, that hadn't heard that, quite so late on, in a long while; and brain just 'clicked' the idea into place; its because spring is nearly here adn its getting warmer! (or, of course, my brain out of sheer desperation for it to be a little warmer!) smiley - laugh

really going to need some sun and warmth ; judging by the current rate of things.... in a week or two, I'll be ... smiley - blush bald.... totally bald smiley - laugh ; given I've not had short hair, (I.E., not down my back all the way to my bottom), for like... 20 plus uears.... I think I'll feel the cold once its all gone smiley - blushsmiley - wahsmiley - angel Mind; simularly if the sun starts appearing, just at taht time.... guess I'll need some strong factor cream, for putting on my bonce whilst outside smiley - laugh sunburnt might not be fun smiley - blush but... warmth... sunlight... - stil think its kinda weird, just how much I crave sunlight, given I'm blind; and , no, I really don't think its jujst about the warmth of feeling thle sun.... smiley - weird Probably some chemical sun inudced release, from the skin... like vit D... smiley - coolsmiley - geek

but... having said which... the heating is on here right now... and needs to be smiley - brrsmiley - doh

Spring is coming...

Post 5

You will be need in some fetching new hats if you lose all you hair smiley - hugsmiley - piratesmiley - jester I've got long hair too which keeps my ears warm and I can swish in the face of my enemies

I spent a couple of hours in the sun yesterday tidying my patch smiley - biggrinsmiley - ok then I came in, had an hours nap and woke up freezing smiley - brr

Spring is coming...

Post 6

Its just at the cusp at the moment!- one moment oo!- sunshine, warmth! - next moment I'm diggign my sinister leather gloves out of my jacket, and wrapping m y new, very girly scarf round my neck!

Noticly warmer this mroning though; got out of bed.... and didn't have to smiley - run for clothes!- and the heating/radiators were stone cold, so they'd not been on, I think, all* night smiley - wow

have to go outside today; to check on teh electronic frog booby trap, brother and I set, in teh street, last night/early hours smiley - snork seriously... smiley - snork -- I was in pain last night; from laughing so much!- I chased my Brother with an electronic frog! and then we had a possessed kitchen bin, which I had to put outside, at 1 AM! - after that.... setting a frog booby trap, in the gutter on teh pavement, just outside my front door... really was the only option smiley - snork

Oh. hats!- yes; my current, loverly leather trilby, is sadly, already getting lose, on my head, as the hair ... err... thins smiley - cry but; I've got my eyes set on a very posh decent hat shop in the centre of town... all kinds of hats, and caps....

-- contemplating, as summer is nearly hear.... maybe a kinda Great Gatsby American type set-up.... - getting more linen clothes is never a hardship.... and I could go 1920s/1930s, US, to entirely confuse everyone, when I'm with Sir, in his... well.... more victorian UK dress smiley - laughsmiley - cool

I wanted weird.... I'm getting weird... I'm creating weird as I go smiley - evilgrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - handcuffssmiley - laugh

still considering a pith helmut... or a stove pipe.... smiley - biggrin or some dapper leather caps.... smiley - diva although... having said.... which........ some kinda insane... made.... mad..... more female-specific 'fasinator' is l........ kinda tempting smiley - evilgrin

Or.... just terrify and confuse everyone by having all my scars on display when the hair vanishes to reveal them smiley - laugh heck, I'll end up looking more like a Dom than a sub... taht'd really confuse everyone smiley - snorksmiley - boingsmiley - boing

Spring is coming...

Post 7

Bald Bloke

You will need the hat more than you think.
Sunburned scalp is no fun, I could even feel mine getting a bit overheated yesterday out in the garden.

PS
Saw this on the beeb site this morning it seems to mirror what you already posted about food.
bbc.co.uk/news/health-31641689

Spring is coming...

Post 8

Yes... ; plus, one of the side-affects of my chemo, is apprently, an increased likelyhood/risk of sunburn.... - I'll have to ensure I'm more covered up in the summer, than useually I'd like smiley - sadface or mess about with sunscreen I guess.... - hats though; seem the logical thing to me; I've always won them, for years, anyhow, whilst I've got hair, so... makes sense to carry on wearing them; though judging by my trilby getting looser, I'll have to re-measure for size and get smaller... 57 or less CM I guess... think the current one is 59 CM smiley - zen

Spring is coming...

Post 9

Oddly enough I saw my smiley - doctor out and about and he had a fetching orange cap on smiley - bigeyes

Head scarves or bandanas are another idea. I always fancy a big headscarf and sunglasses like a Hollywood smiley - divasmiley - cool

Spring is coming...

Post 10

I'm really tempted by the headscarf idea too!- there are a couple of stalls, at the market here, both run by Indian women; which sell this fabulus scarfs; all silk I think; fantastic colours etc... of course, all really female... ; but... like I worry about gender specificity smiley - laughsmiley - blushsmiley - drool : and, they're really cheap for what they are; I could easy get a dozen over a few weeks, hand have a multicoloured, constantly changing head accmopanyment smiley - laughsmiley - biggrinsmiley - diva ; not sure about the big glasses though... - I'd need sutiable heel then, really woudln't I?: and my balance can go pretty wonky at the mometn, with no warning whatsoever thanks to chemo too smiley - laugh Its all fun and games... . until someone gets hurt... unless its me getting hurt... then its just highly amusing for everyone smiley - biggrinsmiley - sillysmiley - bruised keep having to remind myself, gotta be careful to avoid bruising, cuts etc; both caould easily require hospitalisation even for stuff that before I'd barely notice I'd done smiley - laughsmiley - dohsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boing Pity I'm so clumsy really smiley - laughsmiley - divasmiley - cool

Spring is coming...

Post 11

Yes you need to avoid more hospitalisation smiley - bruisedsmiley - bikersmiley - bluelight I didn't know it affected balance smiley - erm

Ooh silk scarves in lots of colours! smiley - rainbow I have a massive peasant style one which looks better around my neck. I wear glasses and got my first prescription sunglasses last year but I'm not used to going out in them smiley - weirdsmiley - cool

Spring is coming...

Post 12

Its quite awkard disconnecting/seperating what is, and what isn't, or may, and may not be, side-affects of the chemo... fatigue, tiredness, nausea, etc., etc., are all like really well documented, and tend to like hair loss, be across a wide range of chemo drugs, but then there are some rarer side affect,s and some more specific to certain chemo drugs...;

I've probably still got confussion from teh fit I had... plus after-affects of the stoke, or haemoridge I had at the same time (if I did, not sure, docts never really actually told me; and they just kicked me out, so I don't know; plus that was when I lost my memory) smiley - laugh - like, also, I'm stuffing myself so much; due to steroids; that pain... in my abdomin?; chemo side affect; yep, could be; documented with the drugs I'm on for chemo as being; but, it could just be the rediuculus amoutn of food I've eaten smiley - laughsmiley - blush
Balance I think can be affectd by the hair in the middle ear, being affected by chemo drugs; simularly, at the moment I've got a hypersensativity to sound, which seems to be chemo realted ... just for no other damn reason taht it'd be fun to have a whole spectrum of side affects smiley - laugh Mind... touch wood, thus far I've only felt very slight nausea... long may taht continue smiley - grovel the brain fog, lack of concentration and not being able to sleep is the wrose; i can't concentrate on anything; reading, listening to music; to entertain myself; whilst, at the same time, I'm awake abou 21 hours our of every 24, which leavess a lot of space to full up smiley - wahsmiley - sleepysmiley - doh
its al good fun though... really smiley - laughsmiley - boing

Spring is coming...

Post 13

smiley - yikes 3 hours sleep on top of everything is prolly not helping the foggy brain. Chemo is heavy stuff for the body to handle. My dad didn't have much hair left to begin with but it affected his skin too. Are you on tablets to counteract the side effects?

Eating is a good sign smiley - droolsmiley - cheesesmiley - corncobsmiley - apple I'm thinking about picnics and men in straw boaters now smiley - laughsmiley - cupcakesmiley - strawberries

Spring is coming...

Post 14

Les than 2 hours, nearer 1 hours, sleep last night.

irst real nausea today. but not any... actual being like sick... took some anti-nausea tablets... and then ate some sausages.... - oddly seems to have calmed dhtings down; if only I coudl sleep... I think half the feeling ill at the moment, is no slepe; I've got the sleeping tablets... but... they don't give 'real' sleep', - I've tried them; useufl I guess, in desperation but... not like having a real nights sleep smiley - wahsmiley - sleepy

and now I can't make teh tumble dryer work and I'm not sure if its because my brain is being stupid, or its actually bust... smiley - wah - back to bed for me, as soon as theis Amazon parcel arrives smiley - sleepysmiley - wahsmiley - cry

Spring is coming...

Post 15

Like waves of nausea? That might make you woooozy plus the lack of sleep. Something to relax you rather than knock you for 6 is better

My normal amount is 5-6 hours but lately that's either fragmented or I lie awake for ages smiley - erm

Spring is coming...

Post 16

yeh... I think the lack of sleep thing is knocking my system, as much... if not more than the chemo junk.... naucea passed... ate a massive tuna and cucumber sandwich for lunch... snacked... a bit... and pizza for dinner, followed by choc gautaux, icecream, and some fruit smiley - laugh managed to nap this afternoon, a bit, helped by arrival of amazon parcel smiley - blush - pillow pets! cute... adoriable..... soft. fluffy.... gorgeous.... soft.... pillows that are pets.... err dolls/teddys... combined... they're.... amazing smiley - drool I hav two.... so far ... smiley - blush and they're so cute smiley - blush

one. smiley - blush now... I've even slightly modified.... smiley - blush it has an almost matching collar to the one I@m wearing smiley - handcuffssmiley - erm and... they're so... cuddly smiley - blush Though I think I'll have to take a sleeping tablet tonight... try get some sembalance of functioning body and mind, before the hext chemo session, Thursday... smiley - grovelsmiley - sleepy

Key: Complain about this post