A Conversation for Porta-Potties

Portaloo - The battle of

Post 1

Dudemeister

I remeber back in the 70s waiting outside a "Portaloo" and hearing 2 teenage girls singing the Abba song "Waterloo" - replacing the words "Portaloo" for "Waterloo" - It was quite a laugh for a young lad like me at the time.

I can imagine Napoleon meeting his match in one of these things - struggling due to his short stature to keep the door closed and maintain aim, slipping on the wet floor. While Wellington next door in his wellies, is dry and happy firing off volley after volley. All to the strains of Tchaikovsky punctuated by the loud gun blasts of the Prussian artillery on the other side (it was sauerkraut, wurst and beer for dinner).

Portaloo - The battle of

Post 2

loohire

I wonder how many 1000s of people have done this; is it funny? Not really, especially when you work for a toilet company http://www.loohire.co.uk and you hear similar toilet related "jokes" day after day after day.
(I'm having a grumpy day, can you tell?)

Portaloo - The battle of

Post 3

Vip

Hiya, welcome to h2g2! I'm afriad your previous post might be moderated as it could be seen as advertiseing, but don't let that bother you, you're new here.

I've left a welcome message in your Space - I look forward to seeing you on other parts of h2g2!

smiley - fairy

Portaloo - The battle of

Post 4

Dudemeister

Ten years later and this is all you lot can come up with!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more