Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Excellent picssmiley - applause

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - crescentmoon

CF: A87829555 - Experiencing a Solar Eclipse

Post 3

Bluebottle

We had so many good pictures from h2g2 photographers it seemed a shame not to ask if we could add them to the article.smiley - smiley

<BB<

Post 4

Icy North

Thanks for putting those up - they really enhance the community feel of the entry. We should do this for other collaboratives.

Post 5

Bluebottle

I'm all in favour of collaboration, written and photographic.
I've always believed collaborative entries are a good way to encourage people to start writing, as the first entries I contributed to were collaborative ones. I think it shows that anyone can write at least a sentence that gets into the Edited Guide, and anyone who can write a sentence can write a paragraph, and anyone who writes a paragraph can write a small entry.

And if you'd prefer not to write but take photos instead, that's great too. The collaborative Carnegie Library one coming up will have photos from all over the world taken by more than one photographer. The more people who take part and contribute, the better.

h2g2 is a community of people from all over the world, so it plays to our strengths to have collaborations and contributions from as many places and points of view as possible smiley - smiley

<BB<

(That said, it is much, much easier to write an entry yourself then put together a collaboration, but it is all part of the challenge.)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more