A Conversation for University Project: British Leyland - and the Brands Which Comprised It

Does my project come under Engineering, or History?

Post 1

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

Hiya,

I'm beginnging a project on the history of the British car industry (A7440158). I've posted it in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Mathematics, but on discussion it may seem to be better suited to History?

I admit I'm an engineer in the car industry, so engineering seemed the best place to put it smiley - winkeye, but I'd welcome anyone else's opinions!

smiley - cheers

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

It could fit into either, but for me it's more appropriate in the Engineering section.

Good luck with it smiley - smiley

Post 3

echomikeromeo

I echo Rich's words.smiley - smiley

Post 4

Thanks guys smiley - biggrin.

The first entry is nearing completion, so I'll update as and when....

Post 5

Right, I've finished one entry and made starts on some of the others, but...am I allowed to adjust the scope of my project?

I originally wanted to cover the whole of the UK car industry, as I had quite a lot of spare time I wanted to fill with guide entry writing. However when I looked at my diary recently I realised that in fact I have little more than the odd evening free until April smiley - dohsmiley - yikes.

I still want to do more than 5 entries, but instead to focus on BMC, British Leyland and the surviving companies - so it will still be focussed on a large part of the British car industry. It just won't take years and years to complete! Is any adjustment required to my project summary?

smiley - cheers

Thread Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The h2g2 University' to 'University Project: British Leyland - and the Brands Which Comprised It'.

Duplicate Thread, see: F74539?thread=1595448

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for University Project: British Leyland - and the Brands Which Comprised It

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more