A Conversation for Index of Unwritten Guide Entries

Something needs adding?

Post 1

Smiley Ben

If something needs adding, then tell me!

What are those vitally important items without which no guide is complete? Tell me HERE!!!

Something needs adding?

Post 2

Mike A (snowblind)

As you can see on my homepage, I want to see entries on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Rex The Runt.
If somebody's cheekily written something about them between then and now, then hey, they didn't tell me!

Something needs adding?

Post 3

Mike A (snowblind)

I want to see an article about Dangermouse.
I think I can find the info for it...may take a while though.
Help appreciated.

Something needs adding?

Post 4

Will Jenkins (Dead)

How about something on Leo Blair, (UK Prime Minster's new son)

Something needs adding?

Post 5

Smiley Ben

It shall be added!

Something needs adding?

Post 6

Will Jenkins (Dead)

I can't find an entry on Tea either.

Something needs adding?

Post 7

Smiley Ben

There is one - written by Douglas Adams. http://www.h2g2.com/A61345 Also there's entries on Iced tea X 2 and on sweet tea...

Something needs adding?

Post 8

Jimi X

Hey Ben, how about one on the drums?

We've got electric guitar, bass and keyboards, but no drums! What are we going to do about the h2g2 band with no drums? smiley - winkeye

- X

Something needs adding?

Post 9

jqr

I looked for an entry on 'Pad Thai' the staple dish of Thai cookery and an important element of Brooklyn takeout meals. Does anybody know if there is one already? Another article I intend to write is on Mir, the Russian space station.

Something needs adding?

Post 10

Weird Sister

Some suggestions:
IKEA
Touch Pads
electronic postcards
Magnetic Poetry
nerds
dictionaries
Film Festivals

Something needs adding?

Post 11

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Thanks for pointing out many of the things we are missing, Weird Sister. I can't help with the rest, but I have submitted an entry on magnetic poetry.

You can read it at:
http://www.h2g2.com/A387669

Something needs adding?

Post 12

Princess Bride

In case you didn't notice, there is an approved entry on Antarctica and can be found on "A month of h2g2."
Is there an entry on rubber chickens?

Something needs adding?

Post 13

Is mise Duncan

There is nothing about "Ground effect" or "Ekranoplans" which is a shame as it seems to be a very interesting subject but most of what is to be found on this internet yoke went over my head smiley - winkeye

Something needs adding?

Post 14

jqr

Ekranoplans & ground effect, are these the same thing?

Something needs adding?

Post 15

Is mise Duncan

They're related. Ground effect is an odd effect which occurs when a winged vehicle is less than one half a wingspan off the ground...it turns out that the lift/drag ratio changes substantially such that a greater lift is generated for less effort.
..and an "Ekranoplans" is the vehicle the russians (with their cold war hats on) created to exploit this.

Something needs adding?

Post 16

Smiley Ben

Cool! If I add them to the list, will you write entries on them?

Something needs adding?

Post 17

Mike A (snowblind)

Seeing as I've already posted here, I thought I'd just say that a Dangermouse guide entry has now been written smiley - smiley

Something needs adding?

Post 18

broelan

Does anybody know anything about Manatees?

Something needs adding?

Post 19

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

I didn't know this existed or I would have posted my ideas here, but check out my user page and click on the thread Inspirations for some things I'd like to see but don't have the time/GuideML knowledge to post.

I intend to do some things on museums and anthropology (both woefully sketchy in the guide) over winter break. If anyone would like to help me, hop on over to my user page and post a thread! Also, I will perhaps do one on applying to colleges. I'd like to see someone else do one for graduate school & fellowships. What about an entry comparing US & UK educational systems from someone who's had experience in both? We need more entries on authors/books/recommended reading.

Kathy

Key: Complain about this post