A Conversation for Dr John Rae, Arctic Explorer

Rae-Edzo

Post 1

anhaga

It might be interesting to note that a community was named for Dr. Rae in the North West Territories. The community of Rae and the nearby community of Edzo, named for Chief Edzo have long been spoken of as one: Rae-Edzo. With the successful negotiation of the Tlicho self-government agreement A2963775 , the name of the community was changed to Behchoko (Mbehcho's place).

If the original author is around, I'd be interested in knowing if they think a little update mentioning the above would be in order.smiley - smiley

Rae-Edzo

Post 2

anhaga

Well, since there's been no objection, perhaps I'll suggest a very small update/addition to the entry tomorrow.smiley - smiley

Rae-Edzo

Post 3

Green

I only just came across this posting after hearing that my great great grand uncle was finally recognized for his amazing accomplishments by a plaque in Westminster abbey this past October. I would be very interested to get a hold of a copy of the ballad that has been mentioned in this thread and to hear of other relations and connections to this great man and ancestor.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more