This is the Message Centre for Wand'rin star

Mad dogs and English..

Post 1

Wand'rin star

women go out in the midday sun and the midnight moon, the temperature being only marginally different. Daytime has not been below 30 degrees since I got here.
I have made 15 ferry journeys (cheap because I am "an elderly")and necessary to get to work. I have taught 13 hours to final year engineers this week and had splendid student assistants (long-suffering PhD students who drive all the audio visual stuff for me).
Yesterday's one was sent on a mission to get me something sweet to drive off a diabetic low and came back with mango juice.
Half the stuff I brought with me (even the T shirts) is too hot.
My snazzy new hairstyle and my make up dissolve in sweat before I even get to the ferry.
This is not a complaint - some like it hot.
I am sleeping very little. Dawn has just come up and I've been awake for 3 hours already. It's either too hot, or too cold if I put the air-con on. I shall have to drink more of the whisky I brought for my host. (also not a complaint)
Today we are going to Macau (what do you mean the typhoon warning sign is hoisted?)and tomorrow is a public holiday, so I may not go anywhere at all tomorrow. Though a pedicure would be good if one is available.
The sharp fall in sterling is to my benefit as I am being paid in $HK. In my many years travelling this is only the second time that the exchange has worked in my favour.
AND they want me to come back in February and do it all again, a proposition put to me over a splendid dim sum lunch by two engineering profs. smiley - starsmiley - star

Mad dogs and English..

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

apart from the lack of sleep it sounds fabulous!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wand'rin star

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more