This is the Message Centre for Wand'rin star

THE ROAD TO HELL..

Post 1

Wand'rin star

I HAD intended to write a journal every day this month basing them round the first days and other memories of various jobs I've done.
This computer finally died after the first attempt
So here I am nine days later with
a)a flashy new Toshiba laptop which I already love
b)the hard drive recovered from this one and its subsequent repair. Good job (in every sense) as it contains my only access to H2g2. I have forgotten passwords etc., so if I am signed out by mistake (as happened to some of you lately)I may not get back
c)a new phone line from the market square to my wall socket, put in at some peril in a gale by the linesman on Saturday
d)a new socket (I reckon the old one had been in situ for 40 years and the line has had 40 years of birds swinging on it -mostly pigeons)
e)a severely depleted bank account, necessitating talks with generous sons
f) a temporary job working on-line for PhD engineering students, correcting theses for language and format which will pay off in January enabling me to square accounts again.

In my absence I have done two library volunteer stints where the computer is painfully slow and two cathedral volunteer stints where we are already getting covered in glitter. I have used my bus pass to get into Grimsby three times: today I did the full two hour journey from Grimsby to Lincoln. And I went to the fabulous Caistor bonfire on Saturday, where the population doubles for one night every year.

I'm sure I could have woven a daily journal out of that. I shall just continue to read my friends with interest and maybe next year....smiley - starsmiley - star

THE ROAD TO HELL..

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Looking forward to getting my smiley - bus pass, believe it or not. smiley - ok

THE ROAD TO HELL..

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I was so chuffed when I finally got my bus pass! - took endless confidurations with the council to persuade them... and then... one day, smiley - wow it miraculusly appeared on my doorstep! - months, and months and monhts of travleling to the hospital and back on the bus, and paying.... - yep. I knew the moment the bus pass finally arrived, that it marked basically the end of hospital trips smiley - laugh Though have managed to use it for a few check up and routeen hospital trips; when the wethether is better we plan on trying to find some more interesting trips we can do from here on bus smiley - laughsmiley - zensmiley - bus ooo... - maybe organise a Hootoo bus-holders meet smiley - laughsmiley - bus

THE ROAD TO HELL..

Post 4

Superfrenchie

I for one would love to hear about the cathedral glitter! smiley - biggrin

THE ROAD TO HELL..

Post 5

Wand'rin star

Sorry it's very boring -unpacking and pricing the Christmas stock.
Reminds me of panto in Hong Kong, though, where being the fairy godmother entailed vast quantities of glittery make-up. I used to go in to the university to teach with glitter in my ears. Takes about a week to shower out.smiley - starsmiley - star

THE ROAD TO HELL..

Post 6

Superfrenchie

sadface> And here I was imagining a giant glass dome over the cathedral and a giant hand shaking it. smiley - wah

THE ROAD TO HELL..

Post 7

Milla, h2g2 Operations

There's not much I can do to help you, but I do know this:
if you lose your login, do email [email protected]
They have access to magic and can fix such things.
smiley - towel

THE ROAD TO HELL..

Post 8

Wand'rin star

Thank you so much for that. It became necessary immediately after I read your post and the magic has now worked so that I can use my shiny new computer smiley - starsmiley - star

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wand'rin star

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more