This is the Message Centre for Wand'rin star

NaJo 1st November

Post 1

Wand'rin star

I am supposed to have started a new job a couple of days ago. It involves helping PhD Engineering students with the format and English content of their theses. Online of course.
My hub took the chance to start playing up. BT say there's nothing wrong with the landline, especially after one of their engineers spent three hours tracing things down to the local exchange. I have replaced my hand set and the filter but the line is still crackly and the line "drops" occasionally (usually in the middle of a video call to Hong Kong) So it looks as though I shall have to bite the bullet and call out the engineer to replace the socket. It's been in situ at least 40 years, so it's probably worth paying for it to be replaced
(especially if it means I can make a proper start on this new job)smiley - starsmiley - star

Key: Complain about this post

NaJo 1st November

More Conversations for Wand'rin star

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more