This is the Message Centre for Wand'rin star

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 1

Wand'rin star

Managing very well with one crutch Still need help putting my compression socks on, but can take them off OK. Today I put some blonde bits in my hair and started to plan a trip to Ireland as soon as I've seen the surgeon. I've lost 2lbs this week so am nearly back to pre-op weight. Polyanna is my middle name.smiley - starsmiley - star

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

that's good progress! how long will you have to wear the socks?
smiley - kisssmiley - tea

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 3

Wand'rin star

another fortnight but the injections(also anti blood clot) are only another six days. Just as well -the needles are quite thick smiley - starsmiley - star

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

ouch, i bet you feel like a pin cushion!

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 5

Wand'rin star

combined with four insulin jabs a day I do rather, but I was given a LARGE sharps box for all these needles which will probably last six months ("nominal capacity 2.5 litres")smiley - starsmiley - star

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 6

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

needles quite thick!? pah! bet they're not as massive as the curved hooked beasts they use in my port! I'd not mind... but it useually takes them four or five goes to get it right each time... - luckly I honstly just can't feel a thing now, really... just got so over-used to ti I guess ; and, the occasions they use a regular needle, in my arm veins, etc... I have to be told they've actually done it, I'm that used to it smiley - laugh 'normality' is a variable beast and ones perception of it, is.... even more variable I think, amazing how quickly we can get used to something, really, just not normal smiley - laughsmiley - goodluck - so when we're going dancing? smiley - discosmiley - divasmiley - biggrin

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 7

Wand'rin star

As always,I'm filled with admiration for your stoical and humorous approach to life.
In the 1950s I had massive hollow needles in my bum for penicillin injections.I subsequently became allergic to penicillin, xo that's one remembered pain I don't have to revisit.
I could manage a waltz, but think we should aim for a tango.smiley - starsmiley - star

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 8

Tango sounds good to me!; I've apauling dancing skill at the best of times, truth be told! smiley - laugh

me? stoeikial? smiley - laugh maybe... just... through happastance... =- its more effort to be misserable IMO, than ... silly, whimsicle, daft, and silly... - they're my default positions basically... smiley - laugh having them as defauting positions, means I don't have to worry about hcosing how to react etc smiley - laugh - my hole life seems to be points of where one either crys or laughs... - laughter requires less muscles,; I'm just lazy really! smiley - snorksmiley - rofl

I'm also a horrible one of those perpetual optamists, really, even if ocasionallyl bits od doubt creep in... I just ... convert them to sillyl or surreal smiley - biggrinsmiley - zen

heck... one can make light or fun of anything really.... jus about... - my fav so far is the way I tried to out-wird, and out-macho one of my chemo drugs!; dacarbazine; kept making the nurses run it into me faster and faster each time!; started over an hour long drip.... got it to thirty minutes or just under, before even I had to admit, it was starting to win teh battle between my being tough with it, and it tring to make me really ill as it went in smiley - laughsmiley - laugh yeh... stupid innit? - but... ahd to be done! (that has the sonderous nic name of 'red death', as it is very red!) smiley - laughsmiley - silly I think I've just about forgotten how to do serious anymore now though... maybe I'll regain the ability one day... who knows.... smiley - discosmiley - diva

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 9

Superfrenchie

smiley - yikes A 2.5 litre syringe ! smiley - runsmiley - lurk

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 10

smiley - laugh - talking of litres... last time I was in for an infection, they put 6 litres of fluids into me, overnight!; no wonder I didn't sleep! felt like a baloon the next day despite all the toilet visits! smiley - laughsmiley - laugh the things we have to endure.... just so glad I seem to be able to l augh about them... both afterwards and ulseually during them too smiley - snork seriousness is over ratted.... smiley - run

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 11

Superfrenchie

Well they do say that laughter is the best medicine. smiley - ok

4 weeks tomorrow

Post 12

'They' are almost right... laughter is I think about the second or third best..... cuddles and sex slightly beat it, I think, in the top ten list smiley - biggrin although... that may just be me smiley - snorksmiley - sorry and, a damn good cry can do wonders too... sometimes smiley - blushsmiley - zen its all about balance... maan.... ying and yang.... get that chiamazma alligned and in balance smiley - zen damnit... when did I turn into a hippy? smiley - roflsmiley - roflsmiley - snorksmiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post