A Conversation for Mexico City, Mexico

Restaurants in Mexico City - Recommendations from a frequent visitor

Post 1

Dudemeister

There are many, many good restaurants in Mexico city, as it is a very cosmopolitan city and one of the biggest if not the biggest in the world.

It would be ashame for a visitor not to eat well. Just like staying in Paris and only eating baguette sandwiches (I think this might be a crime).

Do not eat from street vendors, you will likely get sick - don't eat junk food (not just in Mexico City - anywhere).

I would recommend going to a fine Mexican restaurant - for real Mexican food - this bears no resemblance to TexMex. There are plenty - ask at the hotel or someone local you know.

There are plenty of good international restaurants - It is easy to find them in the Zona Rosa and Polanco (near to the castle)

For some links to Mexican food I have put together some: http://www.newforce.ca/dudemeis/mexico.htm

Puerto Vallarta

Post 2

div

If you are ever in Puerto Vallarta,try out PiPis,about four streets back fron the malecon,good authentic Mexican food,visited by locals and tourists alike.Any taxi should take you remember to agree a fare before you get into the taxi!

Puerto Vallarta

Post 3

Dudemeister

And don't pipi in the cab. This will be harder if you have been sampling the tequila.

Puerto Vallarta

Post 4

div

Moreso if you have it by the jug.

Post 5

j5phan

I would have to disagree with one point here, and that's 'don't eat from the street vendors' DO DO DO eat from the street vendors. They serve up some of the best food in all of Mexico City, and there are plenty of them around. You can not go to Mexico and not get some vitamin T (tacos, tortas and tamalis) If you are wandering around the zocalo you will see lots but in my humble opinion if you're feeling a little adventurous you should walk down to pino suarez and check out the food court in the covered market, the gorditas there out-standing smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more