smiley - flyhi

A5376710 - 'The Flintstones' - the TV series

Post 2

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Hurrah!

Post 3

Cardi

Coolio its reads well...what about mentioning some stuff to do with the Jetsons being a flintstones copy and the tie ins/walk ons between the two!

Post 4

Smij - Formerly Jimster

You could mention that in the spin-offs section, just as another animated sitcom that went in the opposite direction, into the future, and that The Flintstones meet the Jetsons was a production in the 1980s. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Done smiley - smiley

Post 6

Smij - Formerly Jimster

I'm veering way into nickpicking now, but as this still has a few days to go...

smiley - cake In the third para of the first section, I'm now thinking we should have the year as 1 million BC.

smiley - cake In the section on Betty Rubble, the accented character in the word 'nee' should be replaced by é

smiley - cake In 'Guest Stars', The Mary Tyler Moore Show should be italicised.

smiley - cake All of your lists need to be inside tags.

... and I think that's it!

smiley - biggrin

Post 7

Tony2Times/Prof. Chaos

3rd para a secret society simlar to the Odd Fellows> similar

"ironic parodies" can't remember the irony in the Flintstones, I hate this word being misused so can ya think of any examples? (sounds anal I know but grrr I can't stand the malapropic (if that is a word) use of this word

"He was always trying to bunk off work and dodge his wife, mother-in-law, or both" is it okay to use slang like bunk off? He only tried to dodge Wilma when he did something wrong didn't he? Or is my memory just bad - I remember he avoided his motherinlaw a lot.

Don't forget to mention Barney's infamous chuckle, its up there with Muttley

Good to see a Red Dwarf quote, but to be pedantic it is "Well I would go with Betty, but I'd be thinkin' of Wilma" Also, isn't a hyphen needed before Cat, to define it as a quote

Under Bamm-Bamm "and helping his mother Betty clean house by lifting furniture" > and help his mother, Betty, clean the house

Great Gazzoo "Oh and his leader, the Great Gazam."> bit too colloquial?

Anymore information on the Gruesomes? I never saw them so I can't comment

Do you know what years Mel Blanc voiced Barney for, or perhaps just the series it happened if it was a few series?

You haven't said the years the second Betty Rubble voice lived, making her look like she died at the age of 2, which makes me feel bad because I haven't accomplished nearly enough in 18 years *sniffle*

Under Don Messick the semi-colon after Yogi Bear looks like a comma because of the italics, perhaps but the Yogi Bear TV show? Same problem for the Pixie&Dixie Show

Did anyone else find Fred being locked out in the closing credits similar to A Streetcar Named Desire "Stella!! Come on, STE-LLA!!!!" Maybe just me. You forgot to mention about the dinosaur clock-in card for the beginning credits, you mentioned it previously but I think it should go in again for the description.

Maybe put in a brief synopsis of the films, and also I think Rick Moranis (if it was indeed he) as Barney is a worthwhile mention.

That's just about everything I can think of, I wanna go and watch the programme now, I think they should pay you for advertising Galaxy smiley - smiley

Post 8

smiley - headhurts
Just when I thought I was putting this to bedsmiley - doh

OK, will need some more time to work on this.

Post 9

Tony2Times/Prof. Chaos

Whoopsy, soz but ya know, we need perfection on the Guide. Its only little bits mostly anyway. And some are just suggestion, not necessary.

Post 10

Otus Nycteus

Nice one! One (very minor) nit: You didn't include Elmer "kiw the wabbit" Fudd in the list of Mel Blanc's cartoon voicings. smiley - smiley

Post 11

OKsmiley - ok

Working on this now smiley - smiley

Post 12

parrferris

Actually, Elmer Fudd's voice was created by an actor called Arthur Q. Bryan. Mel Blanc did play the part on a few occasions, mainly after Bryan's death in 1959, but he didn't enjoy it and felt that he never quite 'got' the voice.

Post 13

He's listed as voicing Elmer Fudd in The Bugs Bunny Mystery Special and Bugs Bunny's Bustin' Out All Over and Portrait of the Artist as a Young Bunny and Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales and all the way back to 1962 in Crow's Feat and 1957's What's Opera, Doc? so I think I'll leave in the credit smiley - smiley

smiley - tea

Added quite a bit on The Gruesomes.smiley - ok

smiley - tea

Bea Benaderet (1906-68) as Betty Rubble (1960-1964).
Gerry Johnson as Betty Rubble (1964-1966).

I am sorry if this looks like Gerry died when she was two years old, but I have listed it correctly. IMDB does not list her date of birth, and she is still alive, so no date of death.

smiley - tea

The query over the voicing of Barney was discussed on the original PR thread (hanging off the entry) I *did* originally put in the separate dates but it was considered too confusing, therefore the footnote (#5) details when Daws Butler voiced Barney.

smiley - tea

Added a brief synopsis of the films, and also I think Rick Moranis (it was indeed he) as Barney is a worthwhile mentionsmiley - ok also mentioned Joan Collins nomination for a Razzie smiley - smiley

smiley - tea

<>

Done

smiley - tea

Typos fixed

smiley - tea

Barney's chuckle inserted.

smiley - tea

<>
Can't find this quote anywhere, to verify the exact quote, is there anyone else who remembers it, please? I've put yours for now, Tony2Times.smiley - smiley also added the hyphen.

smiley - tea

<<"He was always trying to bunk off work and dodge his wife, mother-in-law, or both" is it okay to use slang like bunk off? He only tried to dodge Wilma when he did something wrong didn't he? Or is my memory just bad - I remember he avoided his motherinlaw a lot.>>
Changed.

smiley - tea

< bit too colloquial?>>
Changed.

smiley - tea

<<Under Don Messick the semi-colon after Yogi Bear looks like a comma because of the italics, perhaps but the Yogi Bear TV show? Same problem for the Pixie&Dixie Show>>
Changed.

smiley - tea

<>I'm sorry I don't recall this, does anyone else think this should be in?

Forget to mention Wilma's fabulous gravelberry piessmiley - blush Added now.

Thanks for the reviews.smiley - biggrin

Anything else?

Post 14

Oh and I just found this:

I love thee Wilma, with hair like silk,
Lips like cherries, skin like milk,
Your shell-like ears, your dainty hands,
And eyes so black, like frying pans,
And when you in my arms are in,
My love how can you doubt?
I quiver just like geletin,
And sometimes even break out.
You're a perfect peach, my love,
Together we're a pear (pair),
You're sweet, you're nice, you're paradise,
And all kinda stuff like that there.

which I thought worthy of inclusionsmiley - rofl

Post 15

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

"The tip of the pointed beak of a bent bird played a record"
Do you mean 'The bent beak of a bird', or 'The beak of a homosexual bird'?

Post 16

smiley - run
I've changed that to "bending"

smiley - blush

Post 17

Hmm I've found another reference to the daily newspaper, this time called the "Daily Slab" smiley - erm

I thought it was the "Daily Granite"

Can anyone else confirm this?smiley - erm

Post 18

Tony2Times/Prof. Chaos

I remember it being the slab but I couldn't confirm it. I've posted on my Red Dwarf fansite for the direct quote as my DVDs are 400 miles away *sniffle*

Post 19

Thanks smiley - smiley

There's a Flintstones ep. on Boomerang tonight at 10.30pm. Unfortunately it's at the same time as Panorama on BBC1 and I ain't missing that for nuffink.smiley - winkeye

Post 20

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Gah, and after all that, I got the Red Dwarf quote wrong, GB! Lister and the Cat fancy Wilma!

'I would go with Betty.... but I'd be thinking of Wilma.'

Perhaps you could rephrase this section to say that despite Betty's obvious charms, it was another castmember that the crew of Red Dwarf fantasised about, and then add the above quote.

Key: Complain about this post