A Conversation for The Edicts of Laziness

Art & Science of applied lazyness

Post 1

Bald Bloke

Always remember that it is lazyness which drives the world forward.
No one would have invented anything if it did not make their lives easier.
The definination of Engineering is that it is both the Art and the Science of Applied lazyness.

Post 2

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

I fail to see how the following items of womens clothing (which must have been invented by someone) make anyones life easier.

Bras : Especially the ones with the clasp at the back. I spent years practising before I finally managed the casual 'one handed' unclasping that cool movie stars can do.

Tights : Wouldn't it be easier for the guys if they weren't invented?

High Heels : Easier for the women to suffer from poor posture, bad backs, and broken ankles?

I'm sure there's heaps of other things, but my co-workers somehow make the above points seem the most important to me at the moment. smiley - smiley

Post 3

PuzzleMage

The bras you complain of are easier to make than one that is easy to use, so the principle is to do the easier thing at the outset, even if it makes more work later.
High heels (and other things whose purpose is to make women look better) is exist because men want to take the easiest way possible to pick a mate - i.e. they just want to base it on looks, without the bother of actually getting to know a woman.
Tights ... hmmm, let me see, ... they are chosen by women to slow men down to make it easier to get rid of them when you really can't be bothered with him. Yeah, that works.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more