This is the Message Centre for swl

Pleasant Little Surprises

Post 1

swl

Sometimes it's the wee things that make you smile. I got a book token at Xmas and was standing in Waterstone's trying to decide which two of three books I could get as I didn't want to go too much over the token value. I finally made my choice, returned one book to the shelf and went to the checkout. What a pleasant surprise when the lassie said "Oh this one's half price" smiley - biggrin I swiftly grabbed my third choice book and left with a big grin.

Post 2

Baron Grim

Bonus!

As I was reading, I was expecting you to say that the total came to the exact amount.

I recently saw yet another story about gift cards and how often they are left unredeemed (1 in 4 smiley - yikes) and that when they are, people spend more than they're worth. That second point is a bit silly really. Of course we spend more than they're actually worth or else we waste the remainder. smiley - doh

Post 3

swl

They used to do a "Three for Two" offer and I lost count of the times I wandered around for ages with two books in my hand, unable to find an interesting third but today I could easily have picked five or six.

But not the one I was looking for. It's a bit dear too smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for swl

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more