Icy North - U225620
MMF - U236774
Orcus - U94957
Paulh – U176638
Rev Nick - U14756795
Swl - U15001750
Swl - U1775547smiley - cdouble
TC - U154942

Inspired by Create theme A Sense of Freedom A87873420 with the original contributing conversation to be found here: F19585?thread=8316222

<BB<

A87874528 - How To Experience a Sense of Freedom in Everyday Life

Post 2

bobstafford

Good work <BB< smiley - cheers

Post 3

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Very nicely done. A few very minor punctuation quibbles, but it all reads very well. smiley - cheers

Post 4

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

This is perfect for the Edited Guide and I look forward to seeing it on the Front Page. Douglas Adams in his bath would be a great image to adorn it smiley - towel

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - run

Post 5

Bluebottle

There was a bit of a rush in the end trying to get it into Peer Review before the end of June…

…But I love the way that the conversation conclusively proved that the ultimate way to experience a sense of freedom is by taking off your bra and cycling to Kew Gardens in a sarong. No-one could have predicted that at the start of the monthsmiley - winkeye

<BB<

Post 6

You can call me TC

As someone pointed out in the thread, there is a very fine line between "contentment" and that feeling of freedom. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive, but some of the suggestions made do rather cover the former more than the latter.

However, Well done BB for herding all us cats together and making sense of it!

Post 7

Deb

Well done, BB, looks great smiley - biggrin

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

I like this Entry - good introductory paragraphs to set the scene smiley - ok I especially like the joke about Degrees of Freedom! smiley - geeksmiley - laugh

Some excellent freedoms in there "•Learning to crawl / walk" - reminds me of one of my earliest memories, of enjoying being two and crawling round and round our open plan house as many times as I wanted smiley - biggrin

Other good simple pleasures in there, like the first time I went into town with a friend but without my parents - very liberating smiley - ok And moving into my own place was excellent indeed smiley - biggrin My first driving lesson was memorable too, that I was moving faster than walking speed and it was me that was controlling that smiley - wow

Excellent concluding paragraph smiley - magic

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Bluebottle

smiley - applause Well done 2legs, Bobstafford, Broelan, Chris Morris, Coelacanth, Create, Deb, Florida smiley - dolphin Sailor, Gnomon, Icy North,
MMF, Orcus, Paulh, Rev Nick, Swl & Swl smiley - cdouble and TC!

<BB<

Post 11

broelan

Well done, you, for taking all our ramblings and crafting them into a coherent presentation smiley - cheers

Thanks BB!

Post 12

Belatedly, I just realized another sort of a sense of freedom . . . the thread that became the meat and bones of the entry. Expressing thoughts and realizations that don't surface on the average day.

Post 13

Bluebottle

Good news – we have the freedom to keep sharing thoughts and suggestions to conversations, even though the entry has left Peer Review. smiley - smiley

That's a good one, though. I often have thoughts that you want to share, but don't really come up in day-to-day conversation.

<BB<

Post 14

You can call me TC

I've just read through it again. I had to giggle where you quote one of my contributions and then go on to say "another researcher, however, thinks that..." and quote another one of mine!

It is interesting that not one single category covers the freedom of having money - or at least no money worries. That is surely quite a significant freedom in the real day-to-day running of things. But we are not so materialistic and have gone for physical freedoms, spiritual freedoms and freedom of movement. Well done, us!

Post 15

Bluebottle

Hands up, I confess I did lose track a bit of which quote came from whom – especially if they came from different points in the conversation thread…
Which quotes were they? And did I say you were agreeing or disagreeing with yourself?

<BB<

Post 16

You can call me TC

Now, why would I disagree with myself?

No - they were two relatively unrelated (smiley - erm) statements.

It just made me laugh.

Post 17

Whether a person agrees or disagrees with oneself - ultimately they are correct. smiley - winkeye

Post 18

broelan

"It is interesting that not one single category covers the freedom of having money - or at least no money worries. That is surely quite a significant freedom in the real day-to-day running of things."

Or it could be that we subconsciously acknowledge that having money isn't really freedom at all. While it may serve to provide relief from one set of woes, it comes with another set.

Key: Complain about this post