Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

Entry: 'Minions' - the Film - A87870081
Author: SashaQ - happysad - U9936370

Here are my Minions smiley - evilgrin - I hope you enjoy! smiley - biggrin

A87870081 - 'Minions' - the Film

Post 2

bobstafford

Well done a very good read. smiley - biggrinAlthough, I am not familiar with "The Minions are all small domes" drones perhapssmiley - smiley

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks Bob smiley - biggrin

I have changed it to dome-shaped, so I hope that helps you to visualise them better. It's not very easy to describe their shape in words, but I'll take a photo of the DVD and it will be used as a picture for the Entry, so that will help too smiley - ok

Post 4

bobstafford

They always remind me of a jelly-bean smiley - laugh

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Ah! smiley - eureka They do look like jelly beans! smiley - laugh

Post 6

bobstafford

smiley - laugh

Post 7

Bluebottle

I always thought they looked like lemon tic tacs...

Is it worth mentioning that lead Minions Kevin and Dave are recurring characters who appear in 'Despicable Me' and 'Despicable Me 2' (although not as prominently)? (I'm not sure about Bob, though).

<BB<

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok I've added a footnote about their relatively important roles in the other two films

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

This is a good entry, Sasha. The only problem with it in my opinion is that you have a tendency to use a word and then repeat it. Perhaps this is deliberate, but I don't like it.

then they serve a Tyrannosaurus Rex, then a prehistoric man, then a pharaoh in Egypt, then a vampire in the Dark Ages, then Napoleon in Russia

-- repeated "then": I think this would be better as:

then they serve a Tyrannosaurus Rex, a prehistoric man, a pharaoh in Egypt, a vampire in the Dark Ages, and finally Napoleon in Russia

to become her new henchmen to support her plan to travel to England

-- repeated "to". You could try:

to become her new henchmen helping her to travel to England

The Minions are all yellow and dome-shaped and they all have two arms and two legs.
-- repeated "all". You could just leave out the first "all".

In the section "Themes", you use the word "also" six times in only four paragraphs, although they're not all in the one sentence. You could try rewording slightly.

Other minor issues:

numerous other successful and unsuccessful action comedy movies -- since every movie is either successful or unsuccessful, this seems like overkill. You could say "numerous other action comedy movies, some more successful than others"

Why is Jennifer Saunders "the other half of French and Saunders"? Isn't she as well known as Dawn French?

in the North Pole --> at the North Pole

smiley - smiley

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks Gnomon - good points smiley - ok

The repeated 'then' was a device, but I've expanded the section to make it a bit clearer that there was evolution going on, and there were gaps in the timeline, so I hope that reads better.

Other tweaks made no problem smiley - ok

It was Scarlet Overkill to use successful and unsuccessful, but I've rephrased it in a way that keeps the link on the less successful films smiley - ok

"Why is Jennifer Saunders "the other half of French and Saunders"? Isn't she as well known as Dawn French?"

She doesn't have an h2g2 Entry, let's put it that way! smiley - laugh

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

Well done, Sasha. smiley - bubbly

Post 13

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you smiley - biggrinsmiley - bubbly

Post 14

bobstafford

Good news well done smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Minions' - the Film

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more