A Conversation for April Create: What Were They Thinking?

Submissions

Post 1

Create: endeavours in reading, writing, rhythm, blues, art, photography, and biscuits.

Please pop the A number and/or location of your entry here, please.

Submissions

Post 2

Recumbentman

A87870027

Submissions

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Wow. smiley - wow Great story!

Submissions

Post 4

Recumbentman's story will be in the 11 April issue of smiley - thepost - as will a synopsis of some revelations by Gnomon, Paul, and Baron Grim from a certain online convo...smiley - whistle

Submissions

Post 5

Icy North

Hi Dmitri - you inspired a couple of thoughts, which I've put into A87870423.

Feel free to use either or both, or to split them.

smiley - cheers Icy

Submissions

Post 6

Recumbentman

Dmitri--you might correct a date in my story before it goes to the Post: my uncle died in 1945, not 1944. The war was almost over. He had been sent to Canada (I think) to train pilots, but he pulled strings to get himself posted back to Liverpool, so as to be in the action.

His father (my grandfather) never got over the loss of his youngest and favourite son, and he died himself two years later, before I was born. He was younger than I am now. His son at 22 was five years older than my eldest grandson is now.

When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?

Submissions

Post 7

Recumbentman - I changed that date. I know what you mean - it doesn't seem to change, does it? One thing you learn doing research - every couple of generations, there comes the war again...

Submissions

Post 8

Hey, Icy, thanks! smiley - biggrin

I like the idea of splitting them - so you'll be in the 18 and 25 April issues. Bless you, sir. smiley - cheers

Your great aunts remind me of a habit of my paternal grandmother's which drove my mother crazy: telling about how people died, or worse - when and where their ghost or revenant was first seen. smiley - winkeye

Submissions

Post 9

Icy North

I can just imagine the visit: tea, biscuits and some ectoplasm to follow.

Submissions

Post 10

Well, the biscuits were a kind of quick bread, and the tea had ice in it, but that's the gist.

Oh, and my grandmother was barefoot, and spit her tobacco juice into an old coffee can...

Funnily enough, this never seemed odd to me at the time. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for April Create: What Were They Thinking?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more