A Conversation for Great kissing places: botanical garden, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Peer Review: A87856645 - Great kissing places: botanical garden, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Post 1

Dr. Exu

Entry: Great kissing places: botanical garden, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - A87856645
Author: Dr. Exu - U15001346

Do you think this is OK for the Edited Guide? Comments and constructive criticism is welcome.

Peace & Love from

Exu (and Paloma G)

A87856645 - Great kissing places: botanical garden, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laugh I like your fresh perspective on sightseeing! Maybe because I'm an incurable romantic myself smiley - loveblush

You mention places in the Garden that seem to be key sights, so I expected them to be less secluded - was there a particular time of day that is best for romance, or are there even more popular places to visit that mean the places you chose are not too busy?

*gets lost in reverie of holding hands in an empty room in a museum with only paintings for company* smiley - loveblush

Post 3

Post Team

I love this! smiley - biggrin Be sure to send pictures if you have them.

Kissing couple optional, of course...smiley - blush

Post 4

Bluebottle

I enjoyed reading this – Sounds like you both had a good time there and enjoyed the, ahem, research. smiley - love

I did wonder what size the gardens are in total?
I admit that after reading I foolishly at first assumed that the gardens were in a large greenhouse, before thinking 'smiley - dohThis is Brazil – they don't need to plant plants in greenhouses, the climate's warm enough already…'smiley - island

<BB<

Post 5

Dr. Exu

I think we both enjoyed writing this Entry almost as much as we enjoyed doing the, ahem, research. Especially Paloma's part - she's so wonderful with words. When I read it, I am taken back to that garden...

Anyhow: I would like to add some footnotes - but I find it difficult to use GuideML - when I update the entry it keeps telling me that something went wrong.

I would add following footnotes:

Romantic behaviour, including nearly all forms of kissing, in public is well tolerated by Brazilian society.

The park encompasses an area of 56 hectares, or 134 acres, including buildings and herbariums.

Pics: Sorry - we were kind of busy with, ahem, researching, so we never thought about taking pictures. We might deliver some pictures in the future, maybe some Editor could bop the picture in... We are however, not likely visiting these gardens in the next few months.

Thanks for the comments,

Exu

Post 6

Dr. Exu

Found a way to enter footnotes! Yay!

Post 7

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

I am always humbled when on h2g2 by the hardships of research that other writers put themselves through smiley - run

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Congrats! It is always pleasing to see such self-sacrifice suitably rewarded! smiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Great kissing places: botanical garden, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more