A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: Hero Shrew

Very nifty critter!

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

This was a really informative and interesting entry. I had no idea that shrews had been around for such a long time. And I bet if scientists studied their backbone researchers might be able to minimize human backpain---which acounts for an awful lot of human misery!

Very nifty critter!

Post 2

Willem

Hi Elektra! Thanks for the comment. Well, shrews as such are not that old (though, probably at least 40-50 million years), they just happen to be very conservatively built. Apart from those other adaptations! I'm now actually not sure they use echolocation to find *prey* ... but they definitely use it to navigate. Anyways ... if we can reach the point where we can genetically engineer humans, I'm sure this design would be helpful for spinal enhancement!

Very nifty critter!

Post 3

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Well I don't have that much confidence in human engineering, I'm afraid. Look at the attempt to privitize space travel---they've got a ways to go engineering wise. smiley - wah

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: Hero Shrew

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more