A Conversation for Male (Role) Models: Macaronis, Flaneurs, Crooners, Bronies

My name is SashaQ and I'm a Brony

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

F22144057?thread=8312009

Fantastic Entry, and superb image smiley - laughsmiley - roflsmiley - laugh

I'm rather enjoying My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - always fascinating to analyse the episodes and see the themes that relate to the modern adult world in them smiley - ok (that's my excuse for watching, anyway smiley - whistle)

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh I was surprised to learn how much interest there was in this particular development. But that's what makes a movement - wheether it was the macaronis, the flaneurs, crooners, whatever, there's always a reason why it appeals to someone's need to analyse and communicate. Bronies speak to someone's condition, just as Rudolph Valentino did at one time.

Which is always a good thing, I think. smiley - smiley

Post 3

bhscolleen

I'd rather know a brony than the knuckleheads I've met.

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - blush Thank you bhscolleen smiley - ok

Thanks Dmitri smiley - oksmiley - oksmiley - ok

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Well, I was just a-browsing one day, and happened to discover that there is a My Little Pony game app smiley - laugh

It is quite good and realistic in the animation, plus there is an Equestria Girls music playing mini-game which is fun, but as it is a free app the gameplay is designed to tempt you to spend real money so it is getting boring. I have to make all my ponies work hard in shops for days to save up enough to complete each quest, and then I struggle not to waste money by accidentally clicking on random stuff... The worst thing was when I was searching for loose change hidden in trees and clicked a rock by mistake and lost 4000 coins smiley - doh but I do enjoy the mini games.

smiley - laugh

Post 6

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Groan I just can't get into those sorts of computer games---too much like the more frustrating part of RL. Not my idea of fun.

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

I found some things in the game to make it more fun, but it really is frustrating how it isn't designed for disabled people with slightly less dexterity than the developers... This time my clicking to find money on trees bought me two random tracts of land, when I was saving up to build a house for Fluttershy... smiley - doh

I think I've decided to invest the coins in random objects that I can sell later on, so my clicking won't then buy me things I don't want, but I can recoup most of the cash when I need it...

This is rather too much like RL... Good job the graphics are really good, so it is still a pleasure to look at the game and see what the ponies have to say to me... smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Hm. If there's anywhere you can give feedback, you should tell those developers that. smiley - winkeye They should know when they're disappointing the players.

But I'm glad there are aspects to it that make it fun for real fans. smiley - pony

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok Good idea - I sent my feedback and found some more hidden coins so I didn't have to risk buying anything else random and got what I wanted - phew.

I also found the disabled pony - so cute!

Post 10

Hey, smiley - cool. Some things work.

Post 11

SashaQ - happysad

Not bad customer service - they did get back to me and said they will take my feedback into account for future updates, but in the meantime they said "be more careful"...

Reminds me of the notice in a disabled toilet that said "please be careful with the tap" as it was really sensitive so turned fully on with the lightest touch. If you didn't have fine motor control because of being disabled, you were drenched, and being careful didn't come into it...

Post 12

SashaQ - happysad

I'm still playing this game - luckily the random tracts of land I accidentally bought in August were needed eventually, so I feel better for that.

Yesterday I found a transgender pony smiley - biggrin She has the typical "boy pony" bodyshape but has long blonde hair and is called "she" in the story text smiley - ok

Post 13

This evening, we found this rare video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8nKEQa_gDs

It features the ponies dancing to the Russian Dancing Men song. We immediately thought of you. smiley - winkeye

What that says about all of us, I don't know.

Post 14

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - roflsmiley - laugh

I don't know what it says about all of us indeed, but thank you very much for thinking of me - the video is great! smiley - oksmiley - laugh

I hadn't encountered Russian Dancing Men before, so I enjoyed the related video, and then a good old surf of the internet about them, which led into how Ponies are used in Memes smiley - ok Very educational!

Post 15

smiley - laugh Glad you liked it - I'm getting addicted to those Dancing Men. They make me laugh, for no intelligent reason.

Key: Complain about this post