A Conversation for Writing Right with Dmitri: Describing the Unseen

I'll do the drawing bit!

Post 41

FWR

Wow!

I'll do the drawing bit!

Post 42

FWR

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/freewayridingFWR/media/exif_zpsb9ea2c42.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I'll do the drawing bit!

Post 43

FWR

Ever wondered what happens to all that EXIF information stored on countless millions of cameras, iPhones and various other devices?
Well each and every bit of metadata is a tiny moment in time and space recorded and linked to an image or sound.
What would happen if you could upload all the existing EXIF data into one device, you could view and listen to anything recorded anywhere and anywhen.
A quick trip to the hardware store and some industrial strength coffee later and I retired to my workshop to play with some photos and their inherent data.The resultant bang coming from my workshop hours later startled the cats but when the smoke cleared I found my laptop had gone into overload and had transformed into a kind of crystal ball, look deeply into said ball and each moment and location could be seen swimming in its own little universe of time and space.
Linking the crystal to a standard sat/nav and choosing any location in the world instantly transported the holder to that place and time! Hey presto, time and space travel without all that messy wormhole gubbins......

I'll do the drawing bit!

Post 44

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Beautiful! smiley - magic

I'll do the drawing bit!

Post 45

Willem

Great one FWR! Your timespace travellers look like just the ticket!

SashaQ, I'm really happy my instructions helped you to successfully make a hexaflexagon! Hope you manage with the more complex ones ... I'll try some of those myself as well.

I'll do the drawing bit!

Post 46

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrin

Yes, the first time I saw a hexaflexagon, it had something like 7 faces, so the demonstrator pretended it only had 3 faces, and then the magic 4th face suddenly appeared when nobody was expecting it! smiley - laugh

I'm impressed by this one for starters, though, with its hidden 3rd face smiley - ok I need to decorate it somehow to make the faces more distinctive smiley - biggrin

I'll do the drawing bit!

Post 47

Willem

Hi again! Properly, the three sides should be painted ... I did not have time for that, but I have time now. Do you think this might be good for a guide entry? (Not the time twisting stuff ... just the instructions for how to make and fold it.)

I'll do the drawing bit!

Post 48

SashaQ - happysad

That's an excellent idea to write your instructions into an Entry, as the images can be added to it then, which will make the instructions even easier to follow smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Writing Right with Dmitri: Describing the Unseen

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more