A Conversation for Backyard Chicken Coops: An Urban Surprise

A87844314 - Backyard Chicken Coops: An Urban Surprise

Post 41

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

The information that I can give you is that there is so far no Sub-Ed working on it so you still have a few weeks until the picture is needed. Can't be more precise at the moment.

Post 42

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Fair enoughsmiley - smiley I have had a couple of people respond with photos, but it's good to know that I have at least a couple of weeks to see what else is shared.

Post 43

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Oo, I may have found the perfect picture! Just need to get permission... It's the bottom photo in the first post at http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/713252/little-coop-in-the-big-city

Post 44

bobstafford

Thats a brilliant picture smiley - laugh that one looks like it is a real fighter beautiful. smiley - biggrin

Post 45

That's really a very good picture!

Post 46

Just waiting for the photographer--of course I'd have to fall in love with a picture taken by someone that's not been on the site for a couple months...

Subbie calling

Post 47

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I'm working on the sub-editing now, smiley - cheers

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - chick

Post 48

And no word from the person that took that photo smiley - sigh I've asked on my thread over there for more pics, though there's one there now that's pretty good.

Post 49

smiley - sadface

Why can you not take a photo of your own coop?

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - chick

Post 50

My surroundings don't look urban (while I am in a neighborhood as opposed to on a farm, there are no sidewalks, and there are woods in every direction) and my coop doesn't really look like much, since it was originally built to house a hot tub. Also, my chickens are all immediately identifiable as suchsmiley - winkeye

Post 51

Bluebottle

*Anticipating the sequel - 'Hot Tub Chicken Coops'smiley - chick*

<BB<

Post 52

smiley - rofl

Post 53

bobstafford

Thats a bit close to the ultimate fate of some of them.

Post 54

So, once I've chosen a picture (I just announced on the thread that I'm giving it one more week--mostly so the thread gets un-buried), do I ask the photographer to email someone to give permission, or what? And what email address should I give the person? (Still no sign of the person who took that perfect photo, darn it.)

Post 55

I think it's ok for you to ask their permission on your board and them to respond in the affirmative, so long as it can't be tampered with later, just to be on the safe side. I uploaded photos of blue butterflies by kind permission of a friend on Facebook (who owns a zoom lens) and they adorn my Entry on that subject, so I know this can be done. Can you make a note of the name of the photographer so they can get credit on your Approved Entry Amy?smiley - ok

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - cdouble

Post 56

Once I make my final choice, I can. I'm still hoping Chambertin comes back on BYC before my self-imposed deadline--s/he's not been on since January (or at least, hasn't posted). My next choice photo at this point is fairly nice as well, though, as well as a bit more typical smiley - laugh

Post 57

We would also need information about what the copyright text stuff should say. Like... a name.

Post 58

smiley - biro

Post 59

Haven't heard from my second choice photographer. I did find a pic I'd taken that will work. However...

I heard back from the guy that took the perfect pic! I'm having him email me his real name, how he wants to be credited if different yhan his real name, and a bit more formal permission than, "Sure." smiley - winkeye I may have also hinted that permissions could be less complicated if he's an h2g2er smiley - whistle Anyway, I will forward the email to wherever it needs to go smiley - ok

Post 60

smiley - applause very good!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Backyard Chicken Coops: An Urban Surprise

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more