A Conversation for Florida Sailor's UK Trip: Part Four

UK & IOW

Post 1

Bluebottle

Sorry to hear that you didn't get to see Carisbrooke Castle in the end, but at least you got to enjoy a trip to Bembridge. They used to have signs by the ferries as you disembarked proudly proclaiming 'Isle of Wight Roads are Different' until the early 90s, but then they got rid of them - someone probably objected to tourists being patronised.

<BB<

UK & IOW

Post 2

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Thank you for replying!

Do I get credit for an Entry on the IOW, even if it is only in smiley - thepostsmiley - huh

My decision on visiting the castle was a hard one, I even considered trying to find a tour from Newport afterwards. I knew I would have to include it in my post here, but like Cromwell I want my portrait painted with warts and all. It was at the end of a long week, but at least I did get to see it across the fieldsmiley - biggrin

I read about your run in Pompey, it was fun reading about places I had seen. I thought about answering you there, but I did not want to be seen as bragging that I was there.

Hope you are getting over your surgery and that all will be well for you.

smiley - cheers

F smiley - dolphin S

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Florida Sailor's UK Trip: Part Four

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more