A Conversation for On My Street

Cool pics, Rod.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Thanks for thinking of us. I hope you are doing OK.

Cool pics, Rod.

Post 2

Rod

Hi Elektra,

I do like to (try to) keep an eye on hootoo, especially smiley - thepost, and feel guilty (well, just a little) for not keeping up.

Must Try Harder

Rod

Cool pics, Rod.

Post 3

We are just glad that you came back to us, Rod. A lot of people have enjoyed your articles in smiley - thepost and Kiwi researchers are a welcome addition to our otherwise UK heavy trend. You and Willem remind us there is more to this planet than England.

Cool pics, Rod.

Post 4

Rod

Ha! Kiwi researchers, eh? (I originally signed up as RodtheBrit)

Notta real Kiwi - I don't object but like to think of myself, nowadays, as a NewZealander.

UK heavy... to be expected, after all. Still, it's a pity but then again, you (we) get lots of visitors don't we?
Is it possible to tell roughly where they come from? If so, a breakdown might be rather interesting...

Cool pics, Rod.

Post 5

Maybe Pastey knows, but for the most part I think it is primarily UK and commonwealth and us rebellious yanks. I for one would really appreciate more researchers from India.

Cool pics, Rod.

Post 6

Rod

Yes. from India - and elsewhere, please.

D'ye know, I had this half-baked idea that we were used/visited by those from all over the English-speaking world - and by those learning - for practice and for insights into the language & how she is used.

Ah well.

smiley - sigh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for On My Street

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more